Is america gonna have another GreatDep-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 09:13 AM
RE: Is america gonna have another GreatDep-
OK thank you two for the answers Smile) and seasbury's response didn't show up for me last night but thanks for your response too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Sounds like you are being prepared for a zombie invasion. Your parents have the right idea on that.

I always keep a baseball bat next to my bed in case of mid night apocalypses.

[Image: opforum1.png]
28-08-2012, 09:20 AM
While I do not believe the U.S is done with their economic success, I do know that things are going to change. The U.S will no longer be the primary power in the world. China produces more engineers in its country than any other nation on Earth and produces the majority of products. Quantum Physics is now primarily studied in Europe with the construction of the Hardon Collider lol.

Overall, the U.S has to simply move over and stop hogging all the spotlight. Too bad.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
29-08-2012, 11:08 PM
(28-08-2012 09:20 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  While I do not believe the U.S is done with their economic success, I do know that things are going to change. The U.S will no longer be the primary power in the world. China produces more engineers in its country than any other nation on Earth and produces the majority of products. Quantum Physics is now primarily studied in Europe with the construction of the Hardon Collider lol.

Overall, the U.S has to simply move over and stop hogging all the spotlight. Too bad.

Whybdo you have such a hadron for the US? Smile
30-08-2012, 02:30 AM
(28-08-2012 09:20 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Overall, the U.S has to simply move over and stop hogging all the spotlight. Too bad.

To say that the US is "hogging all the spotlight" suggests that the US, by achieving something worthy of being spotlighted, is keeping others from being recognized. But it isn't a zero-sum game. We can do great shit and so can you, and both get spotlighted. If the US gets too much attention in your country, blame your media. If your country doesn't get spotlighted enough, then blame your government/people for not doing more great shit worthy of being spotlighted, or blame your media for not covering it.

And to the 15 year old kid - First, I suggest having a talk with your mom and letting her know that she's stressing you out. Second, don't count the US out yet - this is a great, great country and we will fix our problems. Third, take Seasbury's suggestion and work hard and get educated in something that you are passionate about AND gives you real, marketable job skills. Fourth, don't waste time worrying. Enjoy life and enjoy the challenge of succeeding in whatever economic climate exists. You'll be better positioned to thrive in it as someone new and growing up in it than your mom (or any adult today) since you can make your financial decisions based on what is yet to come. Fifth, get involved - figure out which candidates are looking to fix America's problems and volunteer with their campaign. Good luck to you. Maybe you will be the entrepreneur who drives our economy in the future.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
30-08-2012, 06:25 AM
I think some people WANT to see it happen. These doomsday, conspiracy theory, end days, jesus coming types... it's like some people WANT to see bad things happen. They want to talk doom and gloom, to show a sign, or reassure them that things are going to get "REALLY BAD" before they "get REALLY GOOD"... almost as if it's "Prophecy"..

The choice of these things are up to you and me. If you WANT positive change, breed positive change. DO something positive. DO something about it. Standing and pissing and moaning like some of these old timers who are demotivated will do nothing for you and for your country. Be a positive motivator, do something with your energy. Don't let naysayers be assholes.

You're the age, a generation of new people. Young people. New minds. You have the choice to be the change, to be the positive thing that comes in. It's easy to listen to old timers who are stuck in their ways who want to be negative nancies about everything and everyone. My dad is one of them. Everything is "pre-decided by god" and "things are going to get really dark" and "jesus is coming" and politics are a shit storm..

Realistically there are some things that are directly outside our control. But we do have the power to change things, do good things, be the positive factor. Negative attitudes breed negative attitudes. Guess what the opposite does?

Change can be HARD. People DO NOT LIKE change. So they make change seem like a horrible thing, they make change seem like it's the end of everything. It's not, it's simply the end of how things were previously and a new beginning of now. Change can be sometimes bad, sometimes good. Humanity will struggle constantly, life does not come easily to people, reality is difficult to deal with and becoming a better humanity doesn't happen overnight. But it starts with you and with me.
30-08-2012, 08:28 AM
(29-08-2012 11:08 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 09:20 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  While I do not believe the U.S is done with their economic success, I do know that things are going to change. The U.S will no longer be the primary power in the world. China produces more engineers in its country than any other nation on Earth and produces the majority of products. Quantum Physics is now primarily studied in Europe with the construction of the Hardon Collider lol.

Whybdo you have such a hadron for the US? Smile

I am a U.S citizen.

(30-08-2012 02:30 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 09:20 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Overall, the U.S has to simply move over and stop hogging all the spotlight. Too bad.

To say that the US is "hogging all the spotlight" suggests that the US, by achieving something worthy of being spotlighted, is keeping others from being recognized. But it isn't a zero-sum game. We can do great shit and so can you, and both get spotlighted. If the US gets too much attention in your country, blame your media. If your country doesn't get spotlighted enough, then blame your government/people for not doing more great shit worthy of being spotlighted, or blame your media for not covering it.

I am a U.S citizen.
For a majority of the past, the U.S seemed to capitalize on their "successes".

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
30-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Our successes are real so no quotes are needed. What is wrong with capitalizing on one's success?
30-08-2012, 10:18 AM
(30-08-2012 06:25 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Standing and pissing and moaning like some of these old timers who are demotivated will do nothing for you and for your country.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as a doom and gloom old timer Shocking

My original advice holds -- educate yourself!!! With the "right" education, you can make yourself somewhat recession proof.

I have 3 kids in their early 20's, 2 with college degrees and the 3rd will have his next year - this gives them a leg up, but no guarantees. Not to be a pessimist, but the odds that they will do better than their mother and I are slim. While there will be exceptions throughout, overall, your generation will probably be the first to not surpass your parents in terms of income.

The US is a mess - with real competing issues regarding the future governance of the country. Unfortunately, these real issues often are overshadowed by hyperbolic statements: Barak Obama is Hitler (or Stalin, or pick an evil figure); Republicans hate women and black people (they might, and they do...) - point is, the country is at a crossroads.

Logisch is absolutely right - get involved, try to be part of the solution and don't be apathetic (like oldtimers like myself Wink)

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
30-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Maybe, maybe not. But watching the Republican Convention convinces me that
America is currently having a Great Derp.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post