Is america gonna have another GreatDep-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 01:52 AM
RE: Is america gonna have another GreatDep-
(30-08-2012 09:18 AM)Jeff Wrote:  Our successes are real so no quotes are needed. What is wrong with capitalizing on one's success?

The problem is when you live off of old glory. We went to the moon! No shit, what have you done in the last 40 years?

To the 15 year old. Yes I believe your mom is somewhat right on. The banks and the federal govenment have become insanely greedy. Big corporations are moving all their jobs over-sees. Even jobs like running the drive through at places like Burger King are being out-sourced. There is talk of automating the process of making meals at fast food places. The only end I see is a civil war. I don't say this because I hope for one, I say it because I can see it coming. I am only a security guard, so I don't make great money. Yet, I became a home-owner about a year ago in new jersey no less. People that a few years back made great money and couldn't have possible gave a shit if I was able to afford a house and didn't care if I could pay the astronomical prices they wanted for even a small shack are now homeless after not having a job in a few years. The property next to mine is vacant (bank owned) and I am pretty sure one of the ones across the street is and has been vacant as well. Down the road there are 3 more. There is talk as well here in NJ that the government is trying to push through bills that would allow them to buy the vacant properties from the banks (of course at top dollar), fix them up (of course no bid contracts to their buddies in exchange for a no show job when they get out of office or some other kick-back), and then hand over the properties to families on welfare (the dredges of society scum of the earth) that will trash the places, because they put no money or work into them. So far the governor much to his credit has blocked it. Of course the same people are still trying to cram that bill through and eventually I know they will succeed. I work my ass off and these people that don't want to work are just going to be handed homes? That is enough excuse to war on the nj government. Of course I am not homeless and judging by my expenses that is not likely to happen. Just think of all the ones that worked for their homes and after paying their mortgage on time for a decade or more are now homeless, due to loss of job. Of course since they didn't care if I ever had anything while they had money, I don't care if they do now. I will not be starting a war. I just know that this crap is motivation enough. I see no evidence that things will be getting any better until something drastic happens, since the government, banks, and corporations see that they can do whatever they want to us and we will just keep voting the same 2 political parties into power. As I have said though, I have no intent to start or join a war, unless of course it looks like the people that started the revolt are going to win. I am just going to do my job, attempt to find something that pays better and act as everyone else did when the economy was booming and they had all the wealth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 07:23 AM
(30-08-2012 06:28 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 10:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Because far too many tend to act as though the U.S never had great failures.

Which failure(s) do we under-discuss, and when would be the appropriate time to talk about them more?

Where do I start?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
07-09-2012, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 09:32 AM by TrainWreck.)
(30-08-2012 06:25 AM)Logisch Wrote:  If you WANT positive change, breed positive change. DO something positive. DO something about it. Standing and pissing and moaning like some of these old timers who are demotivated will do nothing for you and for your country. Be a positive motivator, do something with your energy. Don't let naysayers be assholes.

Okay,...
You see, I have developed a better classification system of human knowledge, and with it I have constructed the frame work of a better constitutional system for governing municipalities, medium regions, nations, and global unions; but I can't seem to get past the nay-sayers who say that that stuff is irrelevant to the solution to the social problems we endure.

You got any ideas as to what I should do?

It took me four years to develop this thing, but I am sure it will pass the scientific theory test, and so, that should qualify it for being championed by atheististic type people, but they don't care about it because I have a personality disorder, and they don't feel sorry for me because I am white and they think good things always happen to white guys like me. But as you know, I don't believe in their fucking gods and I like to maturbate myself to sleep at night cause I am so fucking smart; and so, they put me in the big tent of the atheists, and you know how "We the Atheist People" have to fight, fight, fight for our rights, much less, be listened too. Sometimes I thing they treat us just like the blacks back befor civil rights, or gays and lesbians before gay rights and the First Gay President - when are atheists going to be represented?!?!?!

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
08-09-2012, 11:35 AM
(07-09-2012 08:37 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 06:25 AM)Logisch Wrote:  If you WANT positive change, breed positive change. DO something positive. DO something about it. Standing and pissing and moaning like some of these old timers who are demotivated will do nothing for you and for your country. Be a positive motivator, do something with your energy. Don't let naysayers be assholes.

Okay,...
You see, I have developed a better classification system of human knowledge, and with it I have constructed the frame work of a better constitutional system for governing municipalities, medium regions, nations, and global unions; but I can't seem to get past the nay-sayers who say that that stuff is irrelevant to the solution to the social problems we endure.

You got any ideas as to what I should do?

It took me four years to develop this thing, but I am sure it will pass the scientific theory test, and so, that should qualify it for being championed by atheististic type people, but they don't care about it because I have a personality disorder, and they don't feel sorry for me because I am white and they think good things always happen to white guys like me. But as you know, I don't believe in their fucking gods and I like to maturbate myself to sleep at night cause I am so fucking smart; and so, they put me in the big tent of the atheists, and you know how "We the Atheist People" have to fight, fight, fight for our rights, much less, be listened too. Sometimes I thing they treat us just like the blacks back befor civil rights, or gays and lesbians before gay rights and the First Gay President - when are atheists going to be represented?!?!?!

No idea where you could start, maybe you could try to get it published. Send it out to publishing places and different universities that do extensive research on the subject. Could you put it in the form of a book? That way they don't even know you are a atheist. I don't think its a matter of every white man having it easy, when looking at individuals there are many different things to consider but as a majority when it comes to rights and opportunities white men have had it easier. Again this does not mean you personally. Especially being an atheist and a personality disorder puts you in a minority group (atheists) and also in two groups that are discriminated against (atheists and personality disorder).

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
(08-09-2012 11:35 AM)Alice Wrote:  Could you put it in the form of a book?
Well, you bet I can.

Secular Library Classification

Constitutional System

for the considerations of the people

United States of America

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
13-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Here is a good deal of America's problem....as well as most of the rest of the worlds.
[Image: 579992_418419174883134_1580757140_n.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
13-09-2012, 09:38 PM
(30-08-2012 06:28 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 10:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Because far too many tend to act as though the U.S never had great failures.

Which failure(s) do we under-discuss, and when would be the appropriate time to talk about them more?

All of them? Most braindead brainwashed americans, like you, think this dumbass country was perfect the second it was founded, and its been getting better ever since.
[+] 2 users Like Diablo666's post
19-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I doubt that something like what your mother is thinking about will happen in America any time soon but on the other hand I have relatives that purchased lots of land on the Big Island of Hawaii. They are stocking up on ammo, water, food and medicine along with becoming self sufficient and building fortress like houses on the property. My parents and I think that they are a little crazy but nothing is impossible.

"I used to be a believer like you,[/font]"
19-09-2012, 04:45 PM
A little crazy? It is almost as if it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Consider

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Completely off topic...but every time I read the title to this thread, I read it as "Is America gonna have another Great Derp"?

The answer to that question is most definitely yes--just look at our celebrities and the stupidity that passes for entertainment in our culture. Though, to be fair, the British royal family never seems to fail on their level of Derp (exhibit recent naked strip poker pictures).

OK...off to your more serious discussion about the collapse of the economy.