Is anyone currently writing something?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2012, 03:36 AM
RE: Is anyone currently writing something?
I'm a former game designer. I write down ideas on a couple of projects. One of these projects could be a book too. I think it walks a fine line between sci-fi and fantasy. When circumstances are right, there is no technical difference between technology and magic.

Anyway I keep seeing that in a "magic"-heavy world, hardly anybody ever really goes into the true scientific implications. If a wizard casts a lightning bolt, how does he hit the target? The air isolates. He'd need to do something about it, decrease pressure in a line or smoke a pipe and blow a smoke in that direction, which would ionize the air more easily.
Furthermore, we can't have lightning-flinging wizards and then iron-encased warriors brandishing steel swords. These things are damn conductive! They'd get fried at the first opportunity! Except in a special Faraday cage armor. That's why it's called fantasy.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is anyone currently writing something? - Luminon - 25-12-2012 03:36 AM