Is anyone in the Facebook "closet" ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2011, 08:19 PM
RE: Is anyone in the Facebook "closet" ?
(18-01-2011 04:46 AM)silent_drgn Wrote:  Another question, if you have 'come out' on facebook, is what you tolerate from your religious friends. I have a few that seem to target every atheist comment I made. I respect others opinions but there is a line and I feel that some cross that when they know you do not agree with their beliefs. What do you all do in that situation?

I really don't have any like that, but my husband has had a few. He gives them one warning not to post that shit on his page, and if they do it again, he "unfriends" them. Just like that. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2011, 11:33 PM
(18-01-2011 08:19 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  
(18-01-2011 04:46 AM)silent_drgn Wrote:  Another question, if you have 'come out' on facebook, is what you tolerate from your religious friends. I have a few that seem to target every atheist comment I made. I respect others opinions but there is a line and I feel that some cross that when they know you do not agree with their beliefs. What do you all do in that situation?

I really don't have any like that, but my husband has had a few. He gives them one warning not to post that shit on his page, and if they do it again, he "unfriends" them. Just like that. Wink

I like that. I just don't want to seem like the guy who deletes people who don't agree with him. But there is a respect issue. While I do consider myself an atheist and I often post atheist news items....I don't go to other peoples pages and tear them down.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2011, 11:41 PM
(18-01-2011 11:33 PM)silent_drgn Wrote:  I like that. I just don't want to seem like the guy who deletes people who don't agree with him. But there is a respect issue. While I do consider myself an atheist and I often post atheist news items....I don't go to other peoples pages and tear them down.

Exactly. Some people just don't know when to STFU. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
19-01-2011, 10:37 PM

I'm *sorta* out on Facebook, but not at all in real life.

My religion says "bright" since I don't think a single one of my religious friends has read Dawkins and wouldn't know what I'm talking about. I "admire" Dawkins and Hitchens, but I don't think many people honestly read profiles. I don't post or like anything related to atheism, so I don't think anyone has noticed yet.
Quote this message in a reply