Is atheism a non profit political movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2014, 05:29 AM
RE: Is atheism a non profit political movement
Troll...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
23-09-2014, 05:41 AM
I fucking hate this. Atheists are no different than any other label. We form groups as well, because grouping is what humans do.

HAVING SAID THAT, the word itself denotes a position and a position only. "Atheist" is the "off" position of the individual. While one can argue that it can become political, and be a movement, humans are individuals and we should NEVER be blindly loyal to anything EVER. Not even atheists.

I warn even atheists not to go around claiming "When we become the majority we will treat you better" NO NO NO NO, our species has always displayed the same range of cruelty and compassion, and not even atheists are a separate species by proxy of label.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2014, 05:59 AM
(23-09-2014 03:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  No, just non prophet...

...bazinga!

Chuckle. That's so damned cute.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
23-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Well i did troll this thread Big Grin

23-09-2014, 07:14 AM
(22-09-2014 11:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  First a religion, now a political movement. It is like people are not happy unless atheism means more than a rejection of a claim.

I think it is more along the lines of people refusing the fact that anyone CAN reject their claim.

Since everyone else who rejects their claim is a religion, they have nothing to attach our rejection to that makes any sense to them.
I have noticed this. I mean if you are let say muslim, and someone says they are an atheist and you get in a debate with them, what are you debating against if it is not something? It is like if it is not anything they might just be arguing with a valid point.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Re: RE: Is atheism a non profit political movement
(23-09-2014 03:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  No, just non prophet...

...bazinga!

There's a quality humorous atheist podcast that makes that joke. Called, The non prophets.

To op, um you're still sketchy on the coherent aspect of your threads. There can be atheist non prophet organizations. Several exist.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Well, guess what.

Atheism isn't a movement, either.

Just a lack of belief. No implications required.