Is atheism dominated by males?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: Is atheism dominated by males?
(27-02-2014 11:14 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  hahahaha from the article that Witch posted

Quote:As noted earlier, Wired magazine made the observation that atheists tend to be quarrelsome, socially challenged men.

Laughat

I can think of a few people here that description might apply to
Bechased

*cough* Taqiyya Mockingbird *cough*

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2014, 09:16 AM
(27-02-2014 01:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 11:14 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  hahahaha from the article that Witch posted

Laughat

I can think of a few people here that description might apply to
Bechased

*cough* Taqiyya Mockingbird *cough*

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

BowingBowingBowingBig Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
28-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Anecdotally speaking, I know roughly twice as many more male atheists than female atheists in person. Oddly enough, if I add Facebook friends who openly identify as atheist/agnostic/free-thinker or something similar, it gets a lot closer to 50-50. Again, that's just anecdotes.

I know men tend to be more conservative and conservatives tend to be more religious, but to assume that there's a link based on that would likely be a bit of math-failure regarding sets and subsets.
28-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Can't say I've noticed one way or another. Just by looking at social media (and the limited people in my social and family that know I'm atheist), it seems males and females are pretty balanced.

Not to redirect the OP, but has anyone seen more converts to atheism from one particular religion compared to another?

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
28-02-2014, 01:56 PM
(27-02-2014 09:40 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I really think that atheism is dominated by males. That is because religion uses emotional pressure all the time and women are more vulnerable to it. For instance it is easier to scare women with pascals wager or get em to love a tyrant by telling em how much he loves em even though he is obviously evil.

That's the second time you've spoken of women as if they're somehow weaker than men -- or at least the second time I noticed. What's your deal?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
28-02-2014, 02:09 PM
(28-02-2014 12:59 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  Can't say I've noticed one way or another. Just by looking at social media (and the limited people in my social and family that know I'm atheist), it seems males and females are pretty balanced.

Not to redirect the OP, but has anyone seen more converts to atheism from one particular religion compared to another?

That's an interesting question. Being that I live in a Christian dominated country it's hard for me to say but I'd like to know the answer.
28-02-2014, 02:10 PM
(28-02-2014 01:56 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 09:40 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I really think that atheism is dominated by males. That is because religion uses emotional pressure all the time and women are more vulnerable to it. For instance it is easier to scare women with pascals wager or get em to love a tyrant by telling em how much he loves em even though he is obviously evil.

That's the second time you've spoken of women as if they're somehow weaker than men -- or at least the second time I noticed. What's your deal?

Yeah I'm not buying that either...
28-02-2014, 02:13 PM
(28-02-2014 02:10 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 01:56 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  That's the second time you've spoken of women as if they're somehow weaker than men -- or at least the second time I noticed. What's your deal?

Yeah I'm not buying that either...

Buying what?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
28-02-2014, 02:15 PM
(28-02-2014 01:56 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  

Your paranoia is none of my concern Laughat
28-02-2014, 03:19 PM
(28-02-2014 02:13 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 02:10 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Yeah I'm not buying that either...

Buying what?

Donotwants explanation...