Is atheism dominated by males?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: Is atheism dominated by males?
(03-03-2014 09:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 09:16 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  This is just becoming personal experience countered by personal experience.
(no offense Logica)
I'd rather like to read actual reports... but then again, I don't really care nor think this matters...

A) I doubt accurate reports exist.

B) I don't care enough to reach beyond my own personal experience.

That's pretty much what I said lol, "I don't care nor think this matters"

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 11:38 PM
I do remember a finnish study about gender and atheism. Tiina Mahlamäki was the author, but of course, this is from Finland and from written from finnish context. There is list of bibliography at the end of this article. If that helps?

Religion and atheism from a gender perspective
04-03-2014, 12:26 AM
(03-03-2014 05:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't see why women tend to be more quiet then males on atheism, seeing how religions like islam treat women like donkeys.

I imagine people like me are already hated enough for being women. I know I don't want to give all these Christian "neighbors" more reason to hate me.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
04-03-2014, 03:35 AM
It sounds like between us we're coming up with a plausible explanation.

Organised religion is patriarchal and tends towards bigotry, including misogyny. If you live in a secular society where the majority of people are not religious, yet alone zealous (e.g. Britain) then there is little chance to even reveal your atheism because the subject never comes up. For example, in America, none of you have to come out as not being communists.

But if you live in a religious society where most people are christian or muslim, then it will also be a society where women have been conditioned to think of their status as second rate and their opinions as not being of value. That conditioning will not only mean that they will be less likely to have the confidence to come out and challenge the status-quo, but will probably be stronger for them than sections of society expected to lead.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
04-03-2014, 05:46 AM
(03-03-2014 04:52 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Has this conversation taken a far more interesting turn? And if so...........why was I not invited?
Ya bastards.............always leaving me out of the gooey-goodness, dammit.

Old......not dead, you fuckers...........old........not dead.

LMAO

I like mature women, ya dont need an invite Witchy, just come when ya want.Wink

(03-03-2014 06:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 04:02 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Sure, I guess Huh but you would need to be alive to collect any. Beat_stick

LMFAO Laugh out load Laugh out load
Oh shit, I got the big bad bikers on me now Laugh out load Laugh out load

I think I still have a few connections out your way....... where were you at exactly again? Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
04-03-2014, 08:37 AM
(04-03-2014 05:46 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 06:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  LMFAO Laugh out load Laugh out load
Oh shit, I got the big bad bikers on me now Laugh out load Laugh out load

I think I still have a few connections out your way....... where were you at exactly again? Consider

SoCal babeh Thumbsup
I used to know a cop in Florida... but he kinda got fired for "being accused of using police brutality", so I got nothing Blush

Atir aissom atir imon
04-03-2014, 08:38 AM
(04-03-2014 03:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It sounds like between us we're coming up with a plausible explanation.

Organised religion is patriarchal and tends towards bigotry, including misogyny. If you live in a secular society where the majority of people are not religious, yet alone zealous (e.g. Britain) then there is little chance to even reveal your atheism because the subject never comes up. For example, in America, none of you have to come out as not being communists.

But if you live in a religious society where most people are christian or muslim, then it will also be a society where women have been conditioned to think of their status as second rate and their opinions as not being of value. That conditioning will not only mean that they will be less likely to have the confidence to come out and challenge the status-quo, but will probably be stronger for them than sections of society expected to lead.

This. I like this. I agree.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
04-03-2014, 08:57 AM
(04-03-2014 08:37 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 05:46 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I think I still have a few connections out your way....... where were you at exactly again? Consider

SoCal babeh Thumbsup
I used to know a cop in Florida... but he kinda got fired for "being accused of using police brutality", so I got nothing Blush

SoCal eh? Guess I'll have to send Peggy Bundy and the Sons of Anarchy after ya... LOL Laugh out load

04-03-2014, 08:58 AM
(04-03-2014 08:57 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:37 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  SoCal babeh Thumbsup

SoCal eh? Guess I'll have to send Peggy Bundy and the Sons of Anarchy after ya... LOL Laugh out load

SoA is NorCal brah, close, but close enough? Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
04-03-2014, 09:03 AM
(04-03-2014 08:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:57 AM)War Horse Wrote:  SoCal eh? Guess I'll have to send Peggy Bundy and the Sons of Anarchy after ya... LOL Laugh out load

SoA is NorCal brah, close, but close enough? Tongue

Stupid show anyway , biker soap opera, BLECH ! Dodgy

I thought it took place in NoCal, but was filmed in Hollyweird Huh

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)