Is atheism other set beliefs,or it reverts to pure logical,scientific based thinking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Is atheism other set beliefs,or it reverts to pure logical,scientific based thinking?
I started to believe in black magic, lizards, and other "stuff". Does atheism will cure me from this kind of stupidity?
Is atheism actual a way to liberate oneself from "beliefs stupidity", or does it implies more beliefs which have to be believed?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Is atheism other set beliefs,or it reverts to pure logical,scientific based thinking?
(29-10-2013 09:18 AM)beginner123 Wrote:  I started to believe in black magic, lizards, and other "stuff". Does atheism will cure me from this kind of stupidity?
Is atheism actual a way to liberate oneself from "beliefs stupidity", or does it implies more beliefs which have to be believed?

None of the above. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in gods.

I suggest you investigate skepticism, humanism, materialism, and the like.

What is belief in lizards? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
29-10-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: Is atheism other set beliefs,or it reverts to pure logical,scientific based thinking?
Atheism is just plain common sense.

Yeah, whazzup with the lizards?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-10-2013, 10:28 AM
(29-10-2013 10:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is belief in lizards? Consider

Lizard people conspiracy maybe.

~Would prefer that fewer humans type or speak down.~
~One only takes it for a while.~
29-10-2013, 10:31 AM
These lizard people you speak of, tell me more Consider

Atheist / skeptic / materialist, is starting to bore me.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
29-10-2013, 10:39 AM
LOL.

I don't get it dude. You say 'liberate me from this stupidity' - why do you think it's true, if at the same time you think it's stupid to believe so ?

Just read up on skepticism. Start with wikipedia.

The Lizard King commands you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-10-2013, 10:41 AM
(29-10-2013 10:28 AM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 10:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is belief in lizards? Consider

Lizard people conspiracy maybe.

Thanks, that's probably it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2013, 11:40 AM
No beating around the bush, here: No fortune telling, no elves, no magic words.

Atheism = No Supernatural

Just YOU; your mind, your ability, your reasoning, your logical understanding, your thoughts and your ideas. There is so much more of you to do combat with something that does not even exist, that you will want to learn to live life more fully.
Figure out what you are about and you'll be on to something really great. Life might be sometimes boring but, even that is still a great adventure. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-10-2013, 11:52 AM
I vote this #1 OP since I have joined TTA. Atheist is not a belief system bud. No beliefs that must be believed here. "Beliefs stupidity" is a very common and dangerous illness. It is sometimes life threatening. The only cute is education my friend. Good luck

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
29-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the replies Smile
[+] 1 user Likes beginner123's post