"Is atheism worth it?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: "Is atheism worth it?"
Worth is subjective, and without a perfect standard of worth to ground atheism, it can have no value... or some such bollocks as that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
29-04-2017, 01:57 AM
[Image: it-stephen-king-movie.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
29-04-2017, 04:37 AM
(29-04-2017 01:57 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  [Image: it-stephen-king-movie.jpg]

"We all proselytize down here!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
29-04-2017, 05:56 AM
"Is atheism worth it?"
Yup I agree, this is a malformed question no doubt asked by a religious person. It is simply a default position before religion is installed in you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post
29-04-2017, 06:05 AM
(27-04-2017 07:50 AM)Leerob Wrote:  I saw this question somewhere and wonder what you guys have to say about it.

I will keep my opinion to myself for a bit so I don't influence the first few comments. Surprise me.

Can't choose to believe or not, since there is no choice, can't assign value to belief or unbelief. Value of being "out and proud" atheist determined by society - some places, extremely worth it to hide that. Maybe evolutionary advantage to religious membership, or alternatively to evidence-based beliefs. I think also determined by local conditions. If state religion confers benefits to the faithful and punishes unbelief, then sure, I'm religious Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-04-2017, 06:11 AM
(29-04-2017 05:56 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  Yup I agree, this is a malformed question no doubt asked by a religious person. It is simply a default position before religion is installed in you.

Yep. I was raise in a non-religious household, and never got "the bug" about religion.

The real issue here, as raised repeatedly above, is "Is religion worth it?" Nope, life's too short and ain't nobody got time for that shit.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-04-2017, 06:15 AM
(27-04-2017 04:11 PM)Leerob Wrote:  The one and only thing this person said was that he was a theist but he was planning to become an atheist next month and was wondering if it's worth it.

Those who start their Atheism on Thursdays at noon have the best chance at changing reality to suit their whims.
Jesus H. Fucking Christ.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-04-2017, 06:28 AM
(29-04-2017 06:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 04:11 PM)Leerob Wrote:  The one and only thing this person said was that he was a theist but he was planning to become an atheist next month and was wondering if it's worth it.

Those who start their Atheism on Thursdays at noon have the best chance at changing reality to suit their whims.
Jesus H. Fucking Christ.
I'm planning on being dead at the end of my life.
29-04-2017, 06:43 AM
(29-04-2017 06:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 06:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Those who start their Atheism on Thursdays at noon have the best chance at changing reality to suit their whims.
Jesus H. Fucking Christ.
I'm planning on being dead at the end of my life.

What ?
How can you say that ?
Pick Jebus and you get the sucker, right ? I guess we're all dumb shits. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-04-2017, 06:53 AM
"Is atheism worth it?"
Well, looking at saving ten percent of my lifetime income and sleeping in on Sundays for life, ya I'm gonna say it's worth it.

[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post