19-03-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Is belief in the unseen irrational?
At work.

No.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2016, 09:21 PM
(19-03-2016 09:21 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

No.
No as in never or not always?
19-03-2016, 09:27 PM
At work.

No simply as 'No'.

What? You're allowed to ask simple questions, are we not allowed to post simple answers?

Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
19-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Too vague of a question. You've been here a minute, you know how it works. Come with a point, state your meaning. Otherwise go away.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-03-2016, 09:29 PM
(19-03-2016 09:27 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

No simply as 'No'.

What? You're allowed to ask simple questions, are we not allowed to post simple answers?

Consider
I'm steering clear of assumptions my friend. If I am not sure what you mean I will ask for clarity.
I have no intention of stopping you from posting simple answers and it is not within my power to stop you either.
19-03-2016, 09:31 PM
At work.

Thumbsup
19-03-2016, 09:34 PM
(19-03-2016 09:29 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Too vague of a question. You've been here a minute, you know how it works. Come with a point, state your meaning. Otherwise go away.
My questions are almost always vague. I found it to be the best way to get the most answers. There is no point & no conclusion from my end.
Your answers will probably lead to more questions from me in the end, and I will probably never have a conclusion.
Sometimes the best way to learn something is to ask questions and just listen to the answers people give.
[+] 3 users Like Agnostic Shane's post
19-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Visual identification is one of many forms of evidence that can be used, but not the only. There are indeed things we can't see that we have nonetheless hypothesized to exist and, through experimentation and skeptical analysis, reached a general consensus that their existence be recognized as accepted theories until proven otherwise.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
19-03-2016, 09:38 PM
At work.

(19-03-2016 09:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  My questions are almost always vague. I found it to be the best way to get the most answers. There is no point & no conclusion from my end.
Your answers will probably lead to more questions from me in the end, and I will probably never have a conclusion.

If you ask vague questions. .......... will you not, then, receive vague answers?

Consider