Is belief in the unseen irrational?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: Is belief in the unseen irrational?
(20-03-2016 09:46 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  As pointed out earlier you are shot gunning your points at me and I am still discussing them in chronological order.
There is a difference between blatantly ignoring all your points and tackling them one by one in chronological order.
The point above is where I am currently at in the discussion with you. My apologies, but I am not of the belief that vaguely listing a bunch of brief counter arguments in a single post is the proper way to discuss something.

I will ignore the fact that you continued to write additional text after your unfinished sentence and still left in the unfinished sentence. I will just assume that your shot gun misfired.

So.. now you're going to cast aspersions?

You're suddenly psychic and now some how know what I'm thinking better than myself.

From some one who's happy and self professed to be vague and rambling?

You now just seem happy to heap more insults after insults now that you're finally punctured a nerve and gotten a reaction.

You weren't replying to posts even before I made the comment about your hypocrisy of insisting people reply to your posts.

Again fek you.

Welcome to ignore. Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
20-03-2016, 10:06 PM
(20-03-2016 09:58 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 09:46 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  As pointed out earlier you are shot gunning your points at me and I am still discussing them in chronological order.
There is a difference between blatantly ignoring all your points and tackling them one by one in chronological order.
The point above is where I am currently at in the discussion with you. My apologies, but I am not of the belief that vaguely listing a bunch of brief counter arguments in a single post is the proper way to discuss something.

I will ignore the fact that you continued to write additional text after your unfinished sentence and still left in the unfinished sentence. I will just assume that your shot gun misfired.

So.. now you're going to cast aspersions?

You're suddenly psychic and now some how know what I'm thinking better than myself.

From some one who's happy and self professed to be vague and rambling?

You now just seem happy to heap more insults after insults now that you're finally punctured a nerve and gotten a reaction.

You weren't replying to posts even before I made the comment about your hypocrisy of insisting people reply to your posts.

Again fek you.

Welcome to ignore. Angry
Duly Noted.
I have lost interest in communicating with you at this point.
I do not wish to enter into discussions with someone that tries to advise me on Neurobiology without giving any evidence & absolutely refuse to recognize any evidence I show them on the subject.
Communication is a two part process.
20-03-2016, 10:35 PM
(20-03-2016 09:12 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Best of luck with your cancer recovery.
Are you claiming that I cannot live if I ask subjectively stupid questions?

Thanks.

Are you admitting your questions are stupid?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-03-2016, 10:35 PM
(20-03-2016 10:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 09:12 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Best of luck with your cancer recovery.
Are you claiming that I cannot live if I ask subjectively stupid questions?

Thanks.

I wouldn't know.
20-03-2016, 11:06 PM
(20-03-2016 10:35 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 10:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks.

I wouldn't know.

What size shoe do you wear?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
20-03-2016, 11:32 PM
(20-03-2016 11:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What size shoe do you wear?

Don't ask him that. He's "homo cautious".
Remember.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-03-2016, 11:51 PM
(20-03-2016 11:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 11:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What size shoe do you wear?

Don't ask him that. He's "homo cautious".
Remember.

Was that him? I thought it was the other nutter COTW?

My bad. Blush

Banjo.
21-03-2016, 12:51 AM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2016, 02:46 AM
(20-03-2016 07:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 05:57 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Consider

Okay, I keep reading posts like this from yourself and I then cannot help but wonder,

"How do you actually function within life?"

No, really.

How do you possibly wake up. Use a shower and other house hold amenities. Survive eating a morning/waking meal.

Manage to actually navigate to the place in which you are gainfully employed.

Actually make it through a day interacting with other cognitive beings.

Manage to find your way back to your domicile.

Interact with those who's close personal space you share.

Again survive interacting with your bathing amenities and find your sleeping space?

Really, how do you do that with the mind set you constantly post about having?

You've asked many variations on pretty much the same things and people have given you pretty much the same answers and yet you keep coming back with pretty much the same questions.

I am boggled. Blink
I am not gainfully employed.
I am the employer.
I run a profitable construction company with over 25 workers.
We do masonry, carpentry, joinery, electricals, plumbing, roofing, tiling, ceiling, painting, landscaping & general property maintenance.
I am versed in all aspects of the above trades.
I am married 10 years now with 3 kids. The oldest being 14, the youngest 6 months old.
Some consider this successful.
Maybe I am a fluke of nature if my belief system shouldn't allow me to be successful.
I have always made decisions based on my gut feeling without giving it much thought. It's instinctive. Maybe this is to blame for my current status in life.

I don't think our cognitive rationalization is that important to our survival & our success. It's our instinctive rationalization based on our genetetics, evolution, personal experiences & epigenomes that control us I think.
I believe cognitive rationalization is just an after thought that helps our base instincts make decisions for us.

I have already said we are an instinctive species, even though we choose to believe otherwise.

I maintain the fact that I could be wrong.

P.S. I also give free construction advice and material lists in my spare time. In case any of you might needing some help.

Oh dear, those poor children....

Agnostic Child: "Hey dad, want to go outside and toss the ball around?"
Agnostic Shane: "Define the outside. Are we not already outside, or perhaps a different version of the inside? How do you know that ball is round, and not actually a square? How do I know that you are really my child?
Agnostic Child: "Oh for fuck's sake Dad... we'll just go get mom."
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
21-03-2016, 05:47 AM
(20-03-2016 07:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  P.S. I also give free construction advice and material lists in my spare time. In case any of you might needing some help.

Help? From you? The person who cannot be reasonably certain the fucking Pyramids exist?

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post