Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Is belief in the unseen irrational?
(24-03-2016 12:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 07:57 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Sqrt -1 = infinite
Infinite = assumptional belief
Assumptional belief = irational

Perfect example of how unsound premises render further consideration masturbatory.
Yes.
The formula I used was wrong.
Why point out that being wrong leads to misinterpretation though?
Isn't that a bit obvious?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 05:31 PM
(24-03-2016 05:27 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 09:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't accept either of those statements at the end.

I'm really at a loss from where your focus or mental thought on this point is going on right now. Really there was only one statement in that whole post that I felt reflected on what I had been saying. I guess cause I'm not interested in "generally assumed" positions and would rather cut to beyond that. Not bothering with any general view questions.

I suppose I still see just as much possible/potential interference in labeling the giant pyramid you standing 20 feet from you seeing the actual thing in contrast to seeing a picture of it on your laptop... as far as when we are talking about in a high certainty range.
Then you are Agnostic same as me. It's really hard trying to explain something to someone that already shares your opinion about God. You will end up agreeing with me in the end even though we did not use the same logic to arrive at our opinion.
Still... if you see any flaws in my logic I would be very thankful for you to point them out for me please.

Well no. Clyde is sane. You seem to think France may not exist. You are the opposite of Clyde.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-03-2016, 05:32 PM
(24-03-2016 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 08:12 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  My apologies:
square root(-1) = i
The imaginary number "i" is the square root of negative one. An imaginary number possesses the unique property that when squared, the result is negative. Consider: The process of simplifying a radical containing a negative factor is the same as normal radical simplification.

Thank you for the correction although absent a proper explanation.
http://mathbitsnotebook.com/Algebra1/Rad...Under.html

Sqrt -1 = imaginary number = assumption = irational if believed (accepted as true)

Score count for non explanatory answers:
10 points: WhiskeyDebates
10 points: Chas

It was not an answer to any question, it was a correction to your error.
Oh sorry. I forgot to say Thank You.
Thank You Chas,
24-03-2016, 05:37 PM
(24-03-2016 05:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 05:27 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Then you are Agnostic same as me. It's really hard trying to explain something to someone that already shares your opinion about God. You will end up agreeing with me in the end even though we did not use the same logic to arrive at our opinion.
Still... if you see any flaws in my logic I would be very thankful for you to point them out for me please.

Well no. Clyde is sane. You seem to think France may not exist. You are the opposite of Clyde.

I am not the same as Clyde.
Isn't that obvious?
Is there someone out here that is exactly the same as someone else?
I fail to see how is it relevant to the issue the difficulty of an agnostic arguing with an agnostic about God.
24-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Quote:Sqrt -1 = imaginary number = assumption = irational if believed (accepted as true)

Nonsense. Imaginary numbers are a concept within mathematics. And this concept works perfectly within the given framework. Imaginary numbers are even necessary to describe certain aspects of technology in our modern world. They are far from being "irrational if believed".
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
24-03-2016, 09:14 PM
(24-03-2016 07:07 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:Sqrt -1 = imaginary number = assumption = irational if believed (accepted as true)

Nonsense. Imaginary numbers are a concept within mathematics. And this concept works perfectly within the given framework. Imaginary numbers are even necessary to describe certain aspects of technology in our modern world. They are far from being "irrational if believed".
Are you assuming irational belief has no usage?
Many have benefited via the use of irational belief, just not as a direct result or for it's intended purpose.
24-03-2016, 09:44 PM
(24-03-2016 09:14 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 07:07 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Nonsense. Imaginary numbers are a concept within mathematics. And this concept works perfectly within the given framework. Imaginary numbers are even necessary to describe certain aspects of technology in our modern world. They are far from being "irrational if believed".
Are you assuming irational belief has no usage?
Many have benefited via the use of irational belief, just not as a direct result or for it's intended purpose.

And we add "mathematics" to the list of things that Shane has no grasp of...

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
24-03-2016, 09:49 PM
(24-03-2016 09:44 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 09:14 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Are you assuming irational belief has no usage?

Oops I forgot to update my score board:

Unexplained answers:
20 points: Unbeliever
10 points: WhiskeyDebates
10 points: Chas
24-03-2016, 11:46 PM
(24-03-2016 09:44 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 09:14 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Are you assuming irational belief has no usage?

Already did that! A while ago, but it's always enjoyable to know other people have figured it out too.Big Grin

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
24-03-2016, 11:48 PM
(24-03-2016 09:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 09:44 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And we add "mathematics" to the list of things that Shane has no grasp of...

Oops I forgot to update my score board:

Being an Ignorant lying cunt:
All the points: Solipsist Shane.
Ya I went ahead and fixed that for you.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.