Is belief in the unseen irrational?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: Is belief in the unseen irrational?
Damn it Peter, read the rules!

42.b) No Summoning or Ressurection Rituals in the Colosseum!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 04:46 PM
(07-01-2017 04:08 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Damn it Peter, read the rules!

42.b) No Summoning or Ressurection Rituals in the Colosseum!
Hey. How are you my friend?
Hope all is well.
Still loyal to these forums I see.
12-01-2017, 11:44 PM
(07-01-2017 02:38 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 11:15 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  There are alot of things unseen we know about indirectly.
Like the unseen author of this post. Unseen for over a year. =]

How is everyone by the way?

You know how many months are in a year right?Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
16-01-2017, 11:12 AM
(12-01-2017 11:44 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 02:38 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Like the unseen author of this post. Unseen for over a year. =]

How is everyone by the way?

You know how many months are in a year right?Drinking Beverage

Sure feels like more than a year. You still haven't changed.
19-01-2017, 09:25 PM
(16-01-2017 11:12 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:44 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You know how many months are in a year right?Drinking Beverage

Sure feels like more than a year. You still haven't changed.

It really really doesn't. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
19-01-2017, 09:35 PM
(19-01-2017 09:25 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 11:12 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Sure feels like more than a year. You still haven't changed.

It really really doesn't. Drinking Beverage

It really really does. Are you going to argue over something subjective in nature? Grow up Drinking Beverage
26-01-2017, 10:55 AM
(19-01-2017 09:35 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 09:25 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It really really doesn't. Drinking Beverage

It really really does. Are you going to argue over something subjective in nature? Grow up Drinking Beverage

No......I was giving my subjective view you twat.

26-01-2017, 01:23 PM
(26-01-2017 10:55 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 09:35 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It really really does. Are you going to argue over something subjective in nature? Grow up Drinking Beverage

No......I was giving my subjective view you twat.
Oh boy. Here we go again. I'll try to keep up with your level of name calling along the way so you won't feel left out.
Oh & for anyone else that wishes to state I started the name calling (even though this clearly isn't the case) feel free.
Let's see how you wiggle your way out of this one.

Your use of the words "really really is" in your response is "subjective in nature"?
This is your argument "you twat"?

Let's go back to school here a bit.

"really really IS" is an objective statement
"really FEELS" is a subjective statement

Your statement is clearly objective in nature & if you wish your intended audience to believe it's subjective why are you using the word "is".

Your objective counter argument to my unambiguously subjective statement shows me that you're telling me how I should "feel" about something in an objective way.

Your argument does not logically follow.
It's like me saying "the weather feels hot today" & you replying with "it really really is not"
26-01-2017, 03:09 PM
(26-01-2017 01:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 10:55 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No......I was giving my subjective view you twat.
Oh boy. Here we go again. I'll try to keep up with your level of name calling along the way so you won't feel left out.
Oh & for anyone else that wishes to state I started the name calling (even though this clearly isn't the case) feel free.
Let's see how you wiggle your way out of this one.

Your use of the words "really really is" in your response is "subjective in nature"?
This is your argument "you twat"?

Let's go back to school here a bit.

"really really IS" is an objective statement
"really FEELS" is a subjective statement

Your statement is clearly objective in nature & if you wish your intended audience to believe it's subjective why are you using the word "is".

Your objective counter argument to my unambiguously subjective statement shows me that you're telling me how I should "feel" about something in an objective way.

Your argument does not logically follow.
It's like me saying "the weather feels hot today" & you replying with "it really really is not"
Maybe because I never used the word "is" you stupid fuck? You said it felt like more than a year, I said it really really doesn't. I never used the word "is" though I am glad to know even after a year your reading comprehension happened to get worse right alongside your ability to read a fucking calendar.

Oh and as a reminder: first off no one cares if anyone swears except for you, secondly your time here doesn't reset just cause you were gone so trying to play the moral high ground with a -14 rep and a documented history of lying ain't gonna fly, and thirdly, I wouldn't trust you to "school" a dyslexic potato, fourth and lastly go fuck yourself.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-01-2017, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2017 09:22 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(26-01-2017 03:09 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Maybe because I never used the word "is" you stupid fuck? You said it felt like more than a year, I said it really really doesn't. I never used the word "is" though I am glad to know even after a year your reading comprehension happened to get worse right alongside your ability to read a fucking calendar.

Oh and as a reminder: first off no one cares if anyone swears except for you, secondly your time here doesn't reset just cause you were gone so trying to play the moral high ground with a -14 rep and a documented history of lying ain't gonna fly, and thirdly, I wouldn't trust you to "school" a dyslexic potato, fourth and lastly go fuck yourself.

Does, doesn't & is are all still objective words, so what's your point?
My regurgitation was incorrect, but it does not invalidate my point.

How do you win an argument when the core basis of your argument is flawed and your opponent is not phased by your grammatical prowess. A true debater would have shown this mistake whilst still counter arguing the objective/subjective distinction.
It only goes to show your lack of debating skills as your only ability is to harp on the flaws of others in the hopes that you can gain some headway in your poorly put forward arguments.

No surprise there, coming from the guy that had emotional issues the last time we debated.
Let me remind you. Your the guy that threw a tantrum because you claimed I missed one of the numerous points you made the last time I was here.
Claiming I ignored you & using that as your basis not to counter argue anything I said.
When we finally got you to show me what I missed after almost a week of asking we found out I had already addressed the point.
When I asked what next you said you couldn't be bothered to find anymore.
So you will have to forgive me but I no longer debate with you over anything important other than your stupidity & attitude since that is all you ever seem to bring to the table.

Also what makes you think people don't care about name calling in debates?
Where did you learn to debate? At the local fish market?
Most intellectual readers looking to come away with some actual knowledge will instantly close the page when they come across an immature debater as yourself.
So what if I have -14 rep points & no where on these forums has it been proven that I have ever deliberately lied.
The day the mods start giving me warnings or i get banned is the day i'll actually be phased about my methodology.
Any rep system that could give positive points to a debater as distasteful as yourself is clearly biased in some way, so I'm not even acknowledging you rep points or mines as anything of significance.
The day debaters like you start arguing the points more often than attacking their opponents character is the day you might actually start winning your arguments.
This is just a classic case of you trying to win an argument by attacking the debater. A well established logical fallacy & highly distasteful debate tactic I might ad.
What else would I expect from you Whiskey. As I said before Whiskey you need to take the Debates out of your name & just leave the whiskey.
All you sound like is a drunk raving lunatic most of the time.
I never said you sweared either but in an effort not to stoop to your level of "attack the debater but not the debate" I'll just leave it there.
Imagine Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins responding in a debate the way you do. Do you think anyone would take them seriously?

I can bet you are never going to address the issue of "doesn't" being an objective word & it was used in an objective counter argument towards a clearly subjective statement.

I look so forward to repeating the above paragraph each time you post here.
Make my day please.