Is bird, indeed, the word?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Is bird, indeed, the word?
I believe it may be.

Sorry, I'm terrible at these introductory post things. Everybody else seems to have a story or some kind of significant background that's related to their joining of the forum but unfortunately, I'm not that interesting. My name's Bairny, I'm in my mid-20's, um, I'm engaged to somebody and my life is more or less a divide between working and trying to find ways to relax. That's about it at this stage!

I'm not religious despite being christened after birth and most of my involvement in the church has been through weddings, funerals and the occasional community project or whatnot that I've accidentally been wrapped up in. That aside, I'd say I was very much an agnostic, not through fear but rather just in the belief that something out there would define us, be that a holy spirit or a multiple-armed elephant God, something would be a pleasant eye-opener for a rather sordid and corrupt species.

Star Wars, that's the way to go, I say. Be one with nature, use it to manipulate the environment around you and keep your mind at peace. What's so wrong with that? Okay so it doesn't quite work when we try to use the Force to telekinetically bring the television remote from the other side of the couch into our hands but the teachings are solid, right? Right?

Oh, yes, erm, I may as well mention that I'm a fanboy of such things.

That aside I stumbled across the forum by googling Skyrim. What are the odds, eh? And people say that general chat boards are 'distracting' from the main theme *rolls eyes* what nonsense! I've read through three or four recent threads and I see a healthy mix of skeptical athiests, hardcore Christians, mild-mannered agnostics and people who just seem to enjoy a good debate and a chat.

So I'm here to take part and I hope you'll have me.

B.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"

-Yoda-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bairny's post
27-12-2011, 01:35 AM
RE: Is bird, indeed, the word?
(26-12-2011 11:20 PM)Bairny Wrote:  So I'm here to take part and I hope you'll have me.

Welcome Smile
27-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Welcome ... and it's not about the introduction.. it's about what you put into the community here...

I had a shit ass intro.. not many responded nor did I care.... basically i said HI.. cheers.. i'm drinkng.. and that was about it I think...

anyhow.. welcome... just chill... talk as you see fit... respect others and they'll respect you... best advice I can give ya...

Oh by the way.. if ya havn't already .. pour a drink for yerself and toast with me.. cheers!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
27-12-2011, 06:55 AM
ooh I am in for a good welcome toast - cheers!

Have a good time here

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
27-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Welcome!

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
28-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Why yes, it does appear to be the word. Just figured everybody'd already heard.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Welcome. And yes, Bird is the word!!! Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
28-12-2011, 07:47 AM
lol, welcome!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey, welcome!

Ahhh, Skyrim, Star Wars, Bird is the Word. Sounds like you've got your priorities in order. Big Grin Did you get SWTOR that just came out? Good stuff!
28-12-2011, 08:28 PM
(28-12-2011 10:29 AM)kineo Wrote:  Hey, welcome!

Ahhh, Skyrim, Star Wars, Bird is the Word. Sounds like you've got your priorities in order. Big Grin Did you get SWTOR that just came out? Good stuff!

I'm afraid I avoided it what with just convincing myself to stop paying for Star Trek Online. I've heard dodgy stuff - apparently you can't even get on the servers.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"

-Yoda-