Is consciousness fundamental to reality?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Is consciousness fundamental to reality?
I have a hard time subscribing to the view that consciousness is the result of mundane electro chemical processes. This is merely a theory not fact.

To claim that consciousness isn't necessary in my mind is absurd, especially to take because such a view is coming from a conscious sentient being, the statement is almost non-sequitur.

You cannot possibly eliminate the conscious observer from any system and by any means know it is there, or it has happened, and so on. There is no way around this. The conscious observer is the single undeniable repeatable thing which is present in each experiment, each piece of data, each and everything that you are aware of.the conscious observer is always the single common element to each and every thing known.

If you try to eliminate consciousness from the system, even a hypothetical one, nothing happens; you don't even know nothing happens.

Certainty is a perception, it can only be alluding to a conscious observer. Without consciousness there is no certainty.
Find all posts by this user
12-06-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: Is consciousness fundamental to reality?
(12-06-2015 06:43 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I have a hard time subscribing to the view that consciousness is the result of mundane electro chemical processes. This is merely a theory not fact.

Electrochemical pathways are not "mundane". They just are. Your opinions on the matter are irrelevant. Without them, (as anyone who has studied science knows) there is no consciousness. Consciousness is an emergent property of specific elements.

(12-06-2015 06:43 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  To claim that consciousness isn't necessary in my mind is absurd, especially to take because such a view is coming from a conscious sentient being, the statement is almost non-sequitur.

Your claim is what is the non-sequitur there. No one "claims that. There are many instances of diseased brains with no operant consciousness. There is not one instance of consciousness without a brain.

(12-06-2015 06:43 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  You cannot possibly eliminate the conscious observer from any system and by any means know it is there, or it has happened, and so on. There is no way around this. The conscious observer is the single undeniable repeatable thing which is present in each experiment, each piece of data, each and everything that you are aware of.the conscious observer is always the single common element to each and every thing known.

Irrelevant. Before consciousness evolved countless events transpired which were not observed. Evidence of these unobserved events is everywhere. Your claim is demonstrably false.

(12-06-2015 06:43 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  If you try to eliminate consciousness from the system, even a hypothetical one, nothing happens; you don't even know nothing happens.

False. Before consciousness evolved every event was unobserved.

(12-06-2015 06:43 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Certainty is a perception, it can only be alluding to a conscious observer. Without consciousness there is no certainty.

Irrelevant meaningless bullshit. Your opinions are not certain facts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-06-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Is consciousness fundamental to reality?
Ever since the invention of the computer any argument that mere electrical impulses are mundane has been ridiculous.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Thread Closed