Is dead the solution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 02:33 PM
RE: Is dead the solution?
We as exChristians all were taught from babyhood that we needed a crutch known as God, when we find out that there is no such thing it is kind of hard to walk without that crutch we were taught we couldn't get along without, but Not only can we walk without it we can run and jump and enjoy things we never could do before dragging our cross (crutch) with us.

They said 'Cheer up things could get worse, so I cheered up and sure enuff they got worse!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
10-05-2016, 10:22 PM
(27-03-2016 02:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All this seems pretty trite, ... I get that. ... but having been in the EXACT same place you are now, ..... and having moved to a completely different place, please don't do anything precipitous. Slowly, ......inexorably, you can move to a totally different place. Not going to lie. It's going to take some time. But when that happens, you'll be forever happy, you did nothing now, and waited to move away from this. Use your own head as your guide. My first therapist was a total idiot. Total. Idiot. My own advice, is, (if you can swing it), take a vacation to a totally different environment. You are then FORCED to see things "differently".

I did that, I take a week to visit my mother just spend time do things with her, it helps. I am feelings a lot better now. Thank you for your advice

Angel oi
[+] 1 user Likes Lalida's post
10-05-2016, 10:37 PM
There's no need to rush things as death will fall on you with all certainty with no action what-so-ever. But if you decide that remaining alive for the remainder is a net loss that's your call. If you really feel like that I figure you wouldn't be around to ask. Might as well let Mother Nature do it. You're dying already anyway.
10-05-2016, 11:01 PM
(10-05-2016 10:37 PM)ImFred Wrote:  There's no need to rush things as death will fall on you with all certainty with no action what-so-ever. But if you decide that remaining alive for the remainder is a net loss that's your call. If you really feel like that I figure you wouldn't be around to ask. Might as well let Mother Nature do it. You're dying already anyway.

You’re new so I’m going to cut you a wee bit of slack and remain civil. This is a support thread, if you don’t have anything constructive or uplifting to say don’t say anything.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
11-05-2016, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 03:30 AM by Tamiptump.)
I'm in no way trying to advocate suicide here, I'm just sharing a similar sentiment as the OP. I also suffer from severe depression that makes me want to die every single day. Its not just the depression but life in general, it sucks and I hate it.

I've always thought it uncaring and uncompassionate to automatically default to the notion that suicide is "never an option" and tell people this no matter their situation. This notion insists that you MUST love life even when you don't and have never found it enjoyable at all. It is very dogmatic if you think about it. Some of us have shitty lives and hate every second of it. It just makes things worse when people tell us we have to love this shit and hold onto it at all costs. No, I don't love life and I find suicide to be a very viable option.

OP, I understand your pain. I experience the same thing. Of course I don't want death for you and would rather you live a good happy life. But I'm not going to sell you a bunch of BS that you HAVE TO love life. Of course you don't. But I DO hope you get better.
[+] 2 users Like Tamiptump's post
11-05-2016, 03:37 AM
(27-03-2016 12:44 PM)Lalida Wrote:  I am very often feeling lonely, isolated, depressed, hopeless and want to die. I don't know who to talk to and what to do anymore. I think I needed help ....

I come here to post this in hoping I will be read something useful so I won't feel the same anymore.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-05-2016, 04:04 AM
(10-05-2016 11:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 10:37 PM)ImFred Wrote:  There's no need to rush things as death will fall on you with all certainty with no action what-so-ever. But if you decide that remaining alive for the remainder is a net loss that's your call. If you really feel like that I figure you wouldn't be around to ask. Might as well let Mother Nature do it. You're dying already anyway.

You’re new so I’m going to cut you a wee bit of slack and remain civil. This is a support thread, if you don’t have anything constructive or uplifting to say don’t say anything.

That line of thought helped me when I was depressed. Why go through this big ordeal of suicide when all you have to do is wait?
11-05-2016, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 08:05 AM by I'mFred.)
(11-05-2016 02:54 AM)Tamiptump Wrote:  I'm in no way trying to advocate suicide here, I'm just sharing a similar sentiment as the OP. I also suffer from severe depression that makes me want to die every single day. Its not just the depression but life in general, it sucks and I hate it.

I've always thought it uncaring and uncompassionate to automatically default to the notion that suicide is "never an option" and tell people this no matter their situation. This notion insists that you MUST love life even when you don't and have never found it enjoyable at all. It is very dogmatic if you think about it. Some of us have shitty lives and hate every second of it. It just makes things worse when people tell us we have to love this shit and hold onto it at all costs. No, I don't love life and I find suicide to be a very viable option.

OP, I understand your pain. I experience the same thing. Of course I don't want death for you and would rather you live a good happy life. But I'm not going to sell you a bunch of BS that you HAVE TO love life. Of course you don't. But I DO hope you get better.

I understand. Often the suicide is considered the sad part but the really sad part is how they got there. If someone is really there I think it's selfish to stand in their way. They don't owe it to anyone to carry one and once they're dead it's not like they'll regret it. Those people don't talk about it, however. They just go do it. If you're ASKING you most likely want to hear reasons not to. I felt like I gave the best one. Anecdotal but it worked for me.
11-05-2016, 04:15 AM
11-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Suicide is radical. If you are young, take it from those who have been there and lived - you will have good times you will be happy to be able to experience. There are so many things to learn and experience that will blow you mind in a good way.

How to get out of depression? We have meds for that. You take an aspirin or Tylenol or whatever when you have a headache. You should take the proper meds when you are depressed. It will change how you feel in short order and you will be able to enjoy the things life has to offer.

I agree with Tamitump that there are times when suicide is a very real option. But it's usually when you are much older and have run out of options.

Since depression can be treated with meds, you should give yourself the opportunity to enjoy life before you make any drastic decisions. Go see a doc!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post