Is dead the solution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Is dead the solution?
(27-03-2016 12:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 12:44 PM)Lalida Wrote:  I am very often feeling lonely, isolated, depressed, hopeless and want to die. I don't know who to talk to and what to do anymore. I think I needed help ....

I come here to post this in hoping I will be read something useful so I won't feel the same anymore.

Before you do anything call that number. Don't use a very permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Thanks, but it seems that number unavailable for me. I am lived in Bangkok Thailand. I am appreciated by your message "don't use a very permanent solution to a temporary problem". This will be the line I will use to remind myself.

Angel oi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Heart RE: Is dead the solution?
(27-03-2016 02:15 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 12:44 PM)Lalida Wrote:  I am very often feeling lonely, isolated, depressed, hopeless and want to die. I don't know who to talk to and what to do anymore. I think I needed help ....
Do you know why you feel this way? Tell us a bit of detail and perhaps we can help you sort things out.
Quote:I come here to post this in hoping I will be read something useful so I won't feel the same anymore.
Hopefully we can cheer you up.

KUSA,
I have been putting things all together when I'm feelings down and when in trouble. I thought why, struggle, why only thing I have to do is to make the most of living and I failed. I have to get through that too often in life and wondering is this going to be forever, like till death due us apart?

And another thing, I have always be on my own, I'm almost like homeless all of the time, I am looking after my parents since my first day of work in life and then I have to think about myself what do I need and how to get there. I get depressed since I wanted to just go to school but then I have to be worried about work that I can earn only a little because I didn't have any degree and then I have to pay rent and give mom. People that I have met, said they love me some do care, but no one really around they all busy getting on with life which I can understand that. Often people said I am smart but I don't feel that I am because I didn't have any prove no degree or anything. and when you get older, things getting harder with more responsibility/social. I often meet a man I like, but I can't commit because I didn't feel like I am not good enough for him I didn't even feel like I am good enough for myself, I really don't know what is "good enough" is just don't feel right. My life is reverse from other, most are go to school having support from parents/family until finish uni and find a job, while I am having to find a job since I'm like ten, didn't go to school till like 16 but then I didn't finish because I have got to work send money home plus pay my own things, and i start again, then I have to moved from place to place with work cause I don't have a home and again my study failed and repeat as how I remember it. its been 20 years and I haven't finish my study that things I want the most and I can't get them, that s enough for what make me want to kill myself?

I know this is dramatic, and I am afraid of people who will judge me in anyway by posting this but I have no other way to express this because is it exactly how I feel. I try to laugh at it and get on and live I tried to think positive that I have come this far and I'm doing good but some how it went back down to negative again!

I want to fix this I need to do something I know theres something I can do about it I just don't know what. yet.

Thanks KUSA for your precious time of listening...

Angel oi
11-05-2016, 11:26 PM
(11-05-2016 11:01 PM)Lalida Wrote:  I know this is dramatic, and I am afraid of people who will judge me in anyway by posting this but I have no other way to express this because is it exactly how I feel. I try to laugh at it and get on and live I tried to think positive that I have come this far and I'm doing good but some how it went back down to negative again!
I think none of us can judge you. From what you said, your life is hard, that's a fact. I think you are courageous to have made it this far. If I had left school at ten years old and had to find a job I'd be nowhere. You have managed to do all that. You are incredible!

Quote:I want to fix this I need to do something I know theres something I can do about it I just don't know what. yet.
I think you can find out what that something you can do about it is Smile I know from your description of your life so far that you are a person who can succeed where others would not, so I think you *will* find a way, it just may take some time.

Hug Sending you best wishes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2016, 05:08 AM

I come here to post this in hoping I will be read something useful so I won't feel the same anymore.

Get a qualified mental medical practitioner and ask them for help. Preferably someone who is a psychiatrist so they can prescribe you medication to help fix the depression you have.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-05-2016, 06:12 AM

Allow me an anecdote. In 1971 some friends and I were having a pleasant walk in the woods. We'd started out with 20 young men but were down to nine at the point I'm referencing. One of the men, in seeming perfect health, suddenly announced that he couldn't go on. He sat down and refused to move. We had no choice to move on. About five miles later we encountered a much larger group of men on their own walk in the woods. They took the members of our group who had blisters, ingrown toe nails, etc., back to our camp and I lead a sizeable party back to where we had left our unmotivated friend. He wasn't there. There were signs he'd met a party from a competitive walking society and they'd provided him with motivation to continue walking with them.

If he had continued until he couldn't move, I would have had no issue with him giving up and leaving our walking party. But he quit when he still had resources that could be used. Doing this removed any further chance at making choices.

I recommend against such truncation of voluntary options.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2016, 06:23 AM
(11-05-2016 02:54 AM)Tamiptump Wrote:  I'm in no way trying to advocate suicide here, I'm just sharing a similar sentiment as the OP. I also suffer from severe depression that makes me want to die every single day. Its not just the depression but life in general, it sucks and I hate it.

I've always thought it uncaring and uncompassionate to automatically default to the notion that suicide is "never an option" and tell people this no matter their situation. This notion insists that you MUST love life even when you don't and have never found it enjoyable at all. It is very dogmatic if you think about it. Some of us have shitty lives and hate every second of it. It just makes things worse when people tell us we have to love this shit and hold onto it at all costs. No, I don't love life and I find suicide to be a very viable option.

OP, I understand your pain. I experience the same thing. Of course I don't want death for you and would rather you live a good happy life. But I'm not going to sell you a bunch of BS that you HAVE TO love life. Of course you don't. But I DO hope you get better.

I can understand this. I've been suicidal in the past. There was one particular winter where I was obsessed about suicide every waking moment of every day. I yearned for nothing else.

Then in February it was sunny one day, it felt spring like and I realised how narrow my focus had become. It's not like I was instantly better, it's a long steep road to climb out before that. I realised though that it's like being stuck in a deep pit with muddy sides. You struggle to get out and if you rest for a second then you start sliding back in again. It's so seductive to just give up and find yourself at the bottom again but then you have the long climb ahead of you again. So now I am really strict with myself about not focusing on negative things, not becoming fixated with what's happened in the past and to look forward. This and finding something positive to live for helped me through it.

One of the problems I had when I was suicidal was that there was no one I could talk to. Not that there's anything anyone can really say to make it better, it all comes down to you to make it better. But just being able to speak about it to someone who is listening stops it getting a lot worse.

In hindsight, I wish I had found some kind of help but I was in a very specific situation where I couldn't risk it.
12-05-2016, 06:27 AM
(11-05-2016 04:04 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 11:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You’re new so I’m going to cut you a wee bit of slack and remain civil. This is a support thread, if you don’t have anything constructive or uplifting to say don’t say anything.

That line of thought helped me when I was depressed. Why go through this big ordeal of suicide when all you have to do is wait?

For me it was the moment when I decided that I should at least wait a year to see whether things would improve. A year didn't seem too unmanageable.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-05-2016, 06:53 AM

I am really really sorry you are feeling this way. I know loneliness is awful, and it is. But I agree with the sentiment others have said, death is not the solution. However, you did the right thing coming here, and I'm sure it wasn't easy for you, but don't worry, you're in good company now. This is an awesome community.

I'm sure everyone here is willing to help you, and that includes me, of course. You have all my support and solidarity. If you want to talk, anytime, no problem!

Hope everything gets better for you and I wish you the best! Lots of luv from Italy.

Hug

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
12-05-2016, 07:47 AM
I always end up finding something that makes me want to stay alive a little bit longer. I can't die right now, for example, because then I'd miss the start of season 3 of Rick and Morty. It might sound silly, but it has been effective for me. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post