Is fundamentalism a mental disorder?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Is fundamentalism a mental disorder?
(26-03-2013 12:11 PM)kim Wrote:  You didn't go to the article... it's referred to at the beginning of the link. It might be a bit lengthy but it's informative.

I came across it researching types of dementia other than Alzheimer's Disease.

Honestly, I don't care if fundamentalists' behavior resembles any mental disorder or not. I try to stay waaaaay the hell away from them.

However, the next time they show up in my WalMart parking lot with 2(the "demon possessed" ones) of their 5 children gagged and bound to the bumper of their mini van, while they (the fundamentalist parents) went in to the store and bought tarp, duct tape, and a baseball bat, I won't wonder what they might be up to. I'm sure everything's just fine. Drinking Beverage

You're right. I missed that. I'll read it later when I have more time than I do right now. Thanks for pointing that out.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 11:44 AM
(26-03-2013 01:25 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Fundamentalism has "mental" right in the middle of the word - clearly, fundamentalist are totally mental, right?
Yeah, but it also has "amental" in the middle (and we all know what adding the "a" in front of a word does...) so that doesn't make it clear at all. Tongue

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-03-2013, 11:46 AM
(27-03-2013 11:44 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 01:25 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Fundamentalism has "mental" right in the middle of the word - clearly, fundamentalist are totally mental, right?
Yeah, but it also has "amental" in the middle (and we all know what adding the "a" in front of a word does...) so that doesn't make it clear at all. Tongue

Yabut. Otherwise rational posters such as you and Ghost argue that it is not, indicating that simple exposure to the term makes one fucking nuts. Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2013, 06:49 PM
They've been HADD. Big Grin

Feeling less anti-theistic since originally posting, more like a theist kinda prophet - for educational purposes only Tongue - and have come to a conclusion. HADD followed by assignment of Identity, usually in the form of projection, is made of fail. Identity is a totally local, environmental concern. Limiting the limitless in such a fashion, is ego. Bad enough using words to talk about god... Dodgy

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user