Is gaining knowledge a waste of time since we're all going to die?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 05:13 AM
RE: Is gaining knowledge a waste of time since we're all going to die?
Tommy, you are *welcome* to be a stupid cunt and proud of it for the rest of your life. Just stop with the "knowledge is useless" crap, yeah? Facepalm

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-08-2017, 06:02 AM
(14-08-2017 04:48 AM)yologuy001 Wrote:  Should our main focus and priority in life be to enjoy it?

There's so much things to learn and knowledge to gain if you decide to go down this path. It's normal to be curious about this or that and want to learn about it. Is it a waste of time if your learning just to acquire new knowledge.

What's the point of learning so much stuff since we're all going to die. It will all die with you when you die. Since we have a limited amount of time shouldn't we just focus on being happy and having fun and everything related to that.

I'm kinda just rambling. I felt I had to write about this because I've learned about different subjects and recently realized that it may just have been a big waste of time. I forgot that life is short and I shouldn't be wasting it.
One day when I was in first grade the teacher walked up to the blackboard and wrote CAT. I thought "THEY'RE GOING TO TEACH US HOW TO READ!!!!"

Being ignorant throughout my life was never an option.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2017, 07:04 AM
(16-08-2017 05:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tommy, you are *welcome* to be a stupid cunt and proud of it for the rest of your life. Just stop with the "knowledge is useless" crap, yeah? Facepalm

> Well, at least he might have "qualifications" to become a Jehovah's Witness. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
16-08-2017, 07:37 AM
"Gaining knowledge" is ....

1. Fun as fuck
2. Beneficial to all who come after you

So the only way the title of this thread could be a valid argument would be if you're so selfish you don't give a fuck about the world your children are gonna live in, and their children ect. I know a lot of religious folk who think the WORLD is going to die soon (the return of their imaginary friend to smite all those they personally don't like very much). Those people will openly state that they don't care about making the world a better place for their children, they also don't think parents should help their children. They will argue against helping kids go to college for example. They think it's a child's responsibility to "sink or swim" without any assistance. The only thing they want to teach children is how to "Obey" and be slaves to the parents. My parents are also like this.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like JesseB's post
17-08-2017, 04:22 AM
(15-08-2017 07:41 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Having a bad day are we Vera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See signature.

Tomasia, a disgusting individual.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
19-08-2017, 02:20 PM

[+] 4 users Like Matt Finney's post
19-08-2017, 02:36 PM
(19-08-2017 02:20 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  

I *loved* that video (even commented on their facebook page Blush ). Kurzgesagt are great!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
24-08-2017, 01:07 PM
(14-08-2017 04:48 AM)yologuy001 Wrote:  ..I've learned about different subjects and recently realized that it may just have been a big waste of time..

Good for you, I was expelled from school aged 12 for "not trying", because I refused to fill my head with stupid stuff like Algebra, Geometry, technical drawing, french, geography etc..Smile
24-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Quelle surprise Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
24-08-2017, 01:19 PM
(24-08-2017 01:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  Quelle surprise Drinking Beverage

It's... I dunno. I am consistently amazed by these guys. They rock up and *proudly* tell us they didn't make it through high-school??? What the fuck? Some people *break* themselves just for the opportunity, and these fucks walk away from it 'cos "it's all stupid anyway", then come tell us about the love of Jesus.

Fuck me. That one takes the cake. Facepalm

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post