Is horse any good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 08:25 AM
RE: Is horse any good?
Closest I have come is Arby's horsey sauce and horse radish

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2015, 08:28 AM
(20-05-2015 01:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know the USDA approved it a couple of years ago, but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

Has anyone had it?

[Image: db51ce3ac609e56c2c78c572f0fb0ff9_1024.jpg]

I .... would. ...NEVER!!!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
21-05-2015, 08:35 AM
(21-05-2015 07:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I first tried it when I was in the South of France when I was about 15.

Smoked sheets of meat sliced so thinly to be see-through. Excellent.

In Mongols I was introduced to a drink made from fermented horse milk.

It tasted like the back of my eyeballs were melting... 5 day hangover.

Hobo

Mmmmm.... smoked would be wonderful ... and yes, thinly sliced like prosciutto and served with a dipping bowl of dark, fruity wine. Shy

The northern Asians seem to do a lot with milks ... a guy I know would always talk about how he missed his spoiled yak milk. Dodgy Probably an acquired taste.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-05-2015, 09:06 AM
First I thought "KC's experimenting with heroin; fucking Louisiana." Then I thought, I'd probably eat an old boot if it was in a stew. So, I don't know. I don't have moral qualms about eating stuff. I'd prolly eat you if you were in the stew.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-05-2015, 09:09 AM
(21-05-2015 09:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  First I thought "KC's experimenting with heroin; fucking Louisiana." Then I thought, I'd probably eat an old boot if it was in a stew. So, I don't know. I don't have moral qualms about eating stuff. I'd prolly eat you if you were in the stew.

Really?

After looking at my title I thought it could be misinterpreted as asking about having sex with Sarah Jessica Parker.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
21-05-2015, 09:11 AM
(21-05-2015 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  First I thought "KC's experimenting with heroin; fucking Louisiana." Then I thought, I'd probably eat an old boot if it was in a stew. So, I don't know. I don't have moral qualms about eating stuff. I'd prolly eat you if you were in the stew.

Really?

After looking at my title I thought it could be misinterpreted as asking about having sex with Sarah Jessica Parker.

Well, what do you expect from a druggie? Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Tried it. It was even better than venison, though it's hard to buy, but flavor is worth it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-05-2015, 02:37 PM
I've had venison (deer), excellent in a stew. Moose, needs lots of garlic. Makes some people gassy. Beef, or course and pork (raised on those). Finally had horse meat done as a pot roast. Whereas moose makes farts, the horsemeat kept repeating. I didn't care for the taste in the first place and then to have it making numerous return trips was most unpleasant. Many Europeans love horse meant, it what we're raised on that has more appeal to the palate.
21-05-2015, 04:13 PM
[Image: tumblr_m287ghaJuB1rtx42ro1_1280.jpg]

I donno. Just thought I'd post this photo.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-05-2015, 04:15 PM
(21-05-2015 04:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_m287ghaJuB1rtx42ro1_1280.jpg]

I donno. Just thought I'd post this photo.

Cat's thinking about how he's gonna eat that horse. Fucking cats.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus