Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.
just got the following email from the inlaws- it was sent to all their children and spouses.

I’ve been wanting to plan this for a while now, but kept putting it off. Here goes:

How about a family get-together at the Creation Museum? The opening date has not been announced, but Noah’s Ark may be available, too. The museum is in northern Kentucky near the Cincinnati airport, the ark is about an hour south of that area.

Would you be interested? Willing to go?

Possible dates: next year:
Memorial Day – June 19 or so (before we need to be at camp)
Aug. 11-15
Sept.
other?
It would be good to have a Sat. at the museum because they have extra programs then. xxxxx got to hold a huge snake at one program we attended. The museum is crowded on Sat., so it would be good to tour the museum on a weekday – so a Fri-Sat schedule would be best. There’s also a petting zoo, beautiful gardens, and a zipline (we tried it!) Inside besides the museum tour there’s a planetarium show and an experience theater. Zipline reservations should be made in advance – they fill up.

Since we are inviting, we’ll cover the hotel, meals we have together, and entrance fees (including a zipline tour if you’d like one.)
If you have an extra day, we might also consider a day at Kings Island for you, but I don’t think we want to go there.

trying to decide if I should reply with "no thanks". " no FUCK NO"

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
05-11-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.
No...no...no

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Wow, just wow. It boggles my mind that people go there in earnest, and more than once! More stupid than you can pack into a single visit I guess.
05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
FUCK NO,I DON'T WANT TO DIE BECAUSE I SUFFOCATED WHILE LAUGHING

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 4 users Like Lightvader's post
05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
The all caps is very important

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
05-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Are you kidding?

I'd love to go. I'd want to record it and post a commentary / debunking. I'd wander through the exhibits laughing and pointing out the stupid in a loud a voice as possible.

What stops me (other than the fact that I'm on the wrong side of the planet) is the idea of giving my hard-earned cash to those charlatans.

But if ...

(05-11-2015 09:50 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  ...
Since we are inviting, we’ll cover the hotel, meals we have together, and entrance fees (including a zipline tour if you’d like one.)

... it's free ... go for it!

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
05-11-2015, 10:18 AM
(05-11-2015 10:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you kidding?

I'd love to go. I'd want to record it and post a commentary / debunking. I'd wander through the exhibits laughing and pointing out the stupid in a loud a voice as possible.

What stops me (other than the fact that I'm on the wrong side of the planet) is the idea of giving my hard-earned cash to those charlatans.

But if ...

(05-11-2015 09:50 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  ...

... it's free ... go for it!

^This is what I was thinking. You could do an opposing video of the one made by the creationist who visited the Field Museum in Chicago. Can't remember her name at the moment.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-11-2015, 10:20 AM
(05-11-2015 10:18 AM)pablo Wrote:  ...

^This is what I was thinking. You could do an opposing video of the one made by the creationist who visited the Field Museum in Chicago. Can't remember her name at the moment.

Foxy Megan?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-11-2015, 10:22 AM
(05-11-2015 10:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 10:18 AM)pablo Wrote:  ...

Foxy Megan?

Found it. Here's the video.

[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
05-11-2015, 10:28 AM
My blood pressure moved up a few points just by reading your email but after I settled down I think I would agree with the people who say "go".

I'm not familiar with your family situation but if you are out with them it could be a valuable learning lesson for them if you can readily debunk the junk theories the museum and KH posits. However, if if they take the "miracle" approach to life, the flood, etc then it's very likely that no amount of evidence will dissuade them and the back-fire effect bias may slip into effect.

Whatever you decide, best wishes!Smile

**Crickets** -- God