Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 02:14 AM
RE: Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.
Why not suggest suggest a real museum instead? The Smithsonian would be great!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2015, 12:45 PM
(05-11-2015 09:59 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I am thinking if he went to KY with his family (the kids and I stay home) he can finally see how much of a stretch they are making.

hmm, going to have to think on that a bit before I suggest it. Consider
Yeah, might be good for him to see for himself how silly the Creationist's position is. Perhaps afterwards you could ask him, "how come human fossils haven't been found alongside dinosaur ones? How come dinosaur bones are 60+ million years old and no human bones date any where near that far back?

Why is the Creation museum depicting humans and dinosaurs together? Is that science or religion?

I often lie to my kids in order to teach them not to believe everything they are told. I teach them critical thinking, I teach them to assess things for themselves and not just believe what they are told. Creation museum might be a great example for them to see that people are often out to fool others.
06-11-2015, 01:06 PM
(05-11-2015 09:50 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  trying to decide if I should reply with "no thanks". " no FUCK NO"

Might I suggest "lulz, I've got to wander the desert for forty years first"?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Seth goes to the Land of OZ, otherwise know as the Creation Museum

Great video for those who haven't seen it'Big Grin

I think I'll watch it again. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-11-2015, 06:39 PM
I used to hang out at Pharyngula, and saw the results of PZ Myers' visit, as well. It is a crying shame to spend that kind of money on that much disinformation.
06-11-2015, 06:53 PM
I love museums. I love every museum I have ever been in because it's the mark of somebody's obsession, a free ticket into someone else's brain. I would totally go to this museum, but the problem is that I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut around my personal party about the stupidity. I think your problem might not be so much the museum itself as the aftermath.

There's the hipster way to negotiate the experience, although I'm not a fan of that. If appreciation has to be ironic, it's problematic. But, if you can make a connection in ethics, morals, history, etc., using prompts of people riding dinosousa, etc., that's great.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-11-2015, 06:56 PM
A thought following comments above about lies (to children) and money spent on disinformation...

Santa!

Santa serves a purpose by showing children that it's OK to have fun with fantasy as long as there's 'safety word'. And there's a difference between harmful deceit / propaganda and fictional fantasy... the difference between abuse and BDSM.

So I was wondering what it would take for the creation museum to be re-categorised as fantasy. What would be the 'safety word'?

May I present ... Disney's Creation Museum. Laughat

Would it be enough just to start the rumour that Disney was looking to buy the place?

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-11-2015, 07:08 PM
(06-11-2015 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  A thought following comments above about lies (to children) and money spent on disinformation...

Santa!

Santa serves a purpose by showing children that it's OK to have fun with fantasy as long as there's 'safety word'. And there's a difference between harmful deceit / propaganda and fictional fantasy... the difference between abuse and BDSM.

So I was wondering what it would take for the creation museum to be re-categorised as fantasy. What would be the 'safety word'?

May I present ... Disney's Creation Museum. Laughat

Would it be enough just to start the rumour that Disney was looking to buy the place?

Consider

They could have people in Disney- style animal costumes walking around in pairs.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
06-11-2015, 07:22 PM
(06-11-2015 02:14 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Why not suggest suggest a real museum instead? The Smithsonian would be great!

That would be something. I'd spend the first week visiting all the monuments and museums. And I'd spend a second week revisiting all the monuments and museums.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-11-2015, 03:06 AM
(06-11-2015 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So I was wondering what it would take for the creation museum to be re-categorised as fantasy. What would be the 'safety word'?
I would think the exhibition of a child interacting with a dinosaur would fit that bill nicely.