Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.
Sounds like a decision has been reached. I agree with not going. Taking your inlaws up on a trip that they pay for so you can ridicule their beliefs is beyond rude. It's also extremely disrespectful. I have no problem with people going to this sham "museum" and making fun of it but do it on your own dime. Don't take advantage of someone else's good intentions.

I'm sure Bow's inlaws believe they are making a sincere offer about something they believe in. So they are wrong. People are wrong about lots of stuff. That doesn't create license to take advantage of their generosity.

The best option is to politely decline and try to do something everyone can agree on as an activity.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
07-11-2015, 12:02 PM
(06-11-2015 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  A thought following comments above about lies (to children) and money spent on disinformation...

Santa!

Santa serves a purpose by showing children that it's OK to have fun with fantasy as long as there's 'safety word'. And there's a difference between harmful deceit / propaganda and fictional fantasy... the difference between abuse and BDSM.

So I was wondering what it would take for the creation museum to be re-categorised as fantasy. What would be the 'safety word'?

May I present ... Disney's Creation Museum. Laughat

Would it be enough just to start the rumour that Disney was looking to buy the place?

Consider

That's diabolical! I love it! But how could we keep Snopes from debunking it?
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
07-11-2015, 12:42 PM
It just occurred to me -- it might be a lot of fun to get a dozen or so people from here on the board -- to make a get-together at the "Creation Museum" --

and all get completely wrecked ( on whatever your favorite substance of abuse may be) ---

and take the tour........

We'd probably make the news....

Big Grin

Edit to add -- Factor bail money into the cost of the trip....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-11-2015, 12:43 PM
(07-11-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We'd probably make the news....

Yabut, not for the reasons you might think. Hobo

(07-11-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Edit to add -- Factor bail money into the cost of the trip....

Now you're talking. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-11-2015, 03:19 PM
(07-11-2015 11:00 AM)BnW Wrote:  Sounds like a decision has been reached. I agree with not going. Taking your inlaws up on a trip that they pay for so you can ridicule their beliefs is beyond rude. It's also extremely disrespectful. I have no problem with people going to this sham "museum" and making fun of it but do it on your own dime. Don't take advantage of someone else's good intentions.
Absolutely agreed.
07-11-2015, 04:39 PM
(06-11-2015 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  A thought following comments above about lies (to children) and money spent on disinformation...

Santa!

Santa serves a purpose by showing children that it's OK to have fun with fantasy as long as there's 'safety word'. And there's a difference between harmful deceit / propaganda and fictional fantasy... the difference between abuse and BDSM.

So I was wondering what it would take for the creation museum to be re-categorised as fantasy. What would be the 'safety word'?

May I present ... Disney's Creation Museum. Laughat

Would it be enough just to start the rumour that Disney was looking to buy the place?

Consider

It wouldn't take much to make it a Disney amusement park. Disney already has the tricera top ride..... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[Image: 1046062-tricera-top-spin-dinosaur-fairgr...a-usa.jpeg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-11-2015, 05:03 AM
(05-11-2015 09:50 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  trying to decide if I should reply with "no thanks". " no FUCK NO"

To quote Lewis Black...

"There is not enough alcohol in the universe..."

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-11-2015, 05:05 AM
(07-11-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It just occurred to me -- it might be a lot of fun to get a dozen or so people from here on the board -- to make a get-together at the "Creation Museum" --

and all get completely wrecked ( on whatever your favorite substance of abuse may be) ---

and take the tour........

We'd probably make the news....

Big Grin

Edit to add -- Factor bail money into the cost of the trip....

At least dress up for the occasion if you're going to go Triceratops riding.

I'd suggest either Cowboy, or Jesus if you want to go for extra blasphemy.

[Image: triceratops-rider.jpg]

Maybe Satan in farmer's overalls with a shovel?

[Image: devil.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Know what else happens on April 1st! Gods not dead 2....yeah...comes out on april fools day!

...btw, What is the status on Ken Hams ark thing? Is it finally dead yet or do we still have to wait for him to fail at making that atrocity?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
09-11-2015, 05:27 AM
(08-11-2015 07:25 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  ...btw, What is the status on Ken Hams ark thing? Is it finally dead yet or do we still have to wait for him to fail at making that atrocity?

It's a multi-million dollar money pit, that even if completed would result in a un-seaworthy vessel that obviously cannot hold "2 of each kind" aboard
(despite modern tools, materials, and building techniques), so as far as I'm concerned it's already a failure. All that's left is to see how much of other people's money Ken burns in the process.