Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 05:37 AM
RE: Is it April 1st? this has to be a joke.
(08-11-2015 07:25 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Know what else happens on April 1st! Gods not dead 2....yeah...comes out on april fools day!

...btw, What is the status on Ken Hams ark thing? Is it finally dead yet or do we still have to wait for him to fail at making that atrocity?

According to an article from TIME from June of this year, the Ark Park was slated for opening in 'summer of 2016'.

Strangely, I wasn't able to find a more recent article on the monstrosity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 01:39 PM
So my husband doesn't want to be the one to say no to his parents Dodgy (that's another thread for the personal issues section I guess). but I get it. They're old and set in their ways and he doesn't want to rock the boat. So I volunteered to be the bad guy and write the email. He seemed relieved that he could escape and put the blame on his wife. Whatever....It doesn't bother me to be the bad guy- they leave me alone for the most part.

Thank you for the invite but we will pass.
We are trying to figure out when we can visit Chicago again. We want to catch up with friends as well as family in one trip, and have been wanting to take the girls to the Chicago museums (Field, Science & Industry, Aquarium, Planetarium, Art). We realize all of you have been to them before but our children haven't, it's been on our "to-do" list for quite some time.

He didn't want me to pick on the Creation Museum, he didn't want me to pin down any dates, lol...and he veto'ed my use of " you got to be fucking kidding me' or any variation of that phrase or anything else with that 'tone'

We asked the kids if they wanted to go, they both gave that 'are you fucking nuts, Mom?' look to us. Laugh out load

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-11-2015, 02:25 PM
(09-11-2015 01:39 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  We asked the kids if they wanted to go, they both gave that 'are you fucking nuts, Mom?' look to us. Laugh out load
Sounds like you raised them well.Laugh out load

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
09-11-2015, 03:03 PM
(09-11-2015 01:39 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  So my husband doesn't want to be the one to say no to his parents
Coward LOL. He's a grown adult right, surely he can front up to his parents and say no.
(09-11-2015 01:39 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Thank you for the invite but we will pass.
I wouldn't say "but we will pass", it seems a bit like trivialising the event.
Like something you might say if a bunch of workmates were asking you to come along to the pub after work.
They are organising this as a big family get together and hoping people will travel great distances. I personally think it requires more respect than "but we will pass".
If you just say "Thank you for the invite." and then your next bit "We are trying to figure out..."
I think that is better. "but we will pass" could irk them.

"We are trying to figure out when we can visit Chicago again. We want to catch up with friends as well as family in one trip, and have been wanting to take the girls to the Chicago museums (Field, Science & Industry, Aquarium, Planetarium, Art). We realize all of you have been to them before but our children haven't, it's been on our "to-do" list for quite some time. "
This is excellent though.

(09-11-2015 01:39 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  He didn't want me to pick on the Creation Museum, he didn't want me to pin down any dates, lol...and he veto'ed my use of " you got to be fucking kidding me' or any variation of that phrase or anything else with that 'tone'
He seems wise, but then why didn't he write it himself? He's just scared to have his family see his name as the author. He's gonna be like, "Yeah mum, I'd have loved to have come, but I couldn't convince the wife."
09-11-2015, 07:13 PM
(09-11-2015 03:03 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 01:39 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  So my husband doesn't want to be the one to say no to his parents
Coward LOL. He's a grown adult right, surely he can front up to his parents and say no.

yes...yes he is a coward. Laugh out load
Quote:
(09-11-2015 01:39 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Thank you for the invite but we will pass.
I wouldn't say "but we will pass", it seems a bit like trivialising the event.
Like something you might say if a bunch of workmates were asking you to come along to the pub after work.
They are organising this as a big family get together and hoping people will travel great distances. I personally think it requires more respect than "but we will pass".
If you just say "Thank you for the invite." and then your next bit "We are trying to figure out..."
I think that is better. "but we will pass" could irk them.

too late, already sent. I think my hubby realized they were going to be irked no matter what, so better to come from me rather than him.

(09-11-2015 01:39 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  He didn't want me to pick on the Creation Museum, he didn't want me to pin down any dates, lol...and he veto'ed my use of " you got to be fucking kidding me' or any variation of that phrase or anything else with that 'tone'
He seems wise, but then why didn't he write it himself? He's just scared to have his family see his name as the author. He's gonna be like, "Yeah mum, I'd have loved to have come, but I couldn't convince the wife."
[/quote]
yep, pretty much. He is still scared of his momma. Wink

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller