Is it OK to have sex with kids?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2011, 05:35 AM

RE: Is it OK to have sex with kids?
(16-10-2011 10:07 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't know enough about Zatamon's alternate legal system to comment but he is right that to judge cases on a case by case basis would require a COMPLETE OVERHAUL OF THE ENTIRE LEGAL SYSTEM.

I outlined my proposal in the "Adversarial 'Justice' System " thread (Post #23). Take a look. Smile
17-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Sigh!
Laws already exist. Laws are already applied. The court system already deals with various sex offenses in various ways. All states and countries already have age--of-consent laws. All criminal cases are tried and sentenced individually, on their own merits. We all know these things. Nobody has disputed any of them.

In responding to the OP question, i expressed my own personal opinion on how i myself personally think about such matters, and how i would judge each incident on the basis of relevant facts, and - beyond the cutoff point i stated - refrain from judging on the basis of numbers alone; would try to be fair.
I don't require or expect anyone else to do it the same way.
Since i'm neither prosecutor nor legislator, it doesn't make one iota of difference to anybody in the entire world how i come to my own private non-influential conclusions.

So what the hell are Hughsie and Azaraith upset about?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
17-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Just thought I should point out that I'm pretty sure the original poster was just a troll.
A hit and run type to by the looks of it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Sorry I left off with my previous remark on this topic when I did… it was 3am and I was exhausted. I haven't really been back to the forum more than a few minutes since my last posting here. I've had other obligations but being away has given me time to think further on the subject.
I am really not tremendously concerned with adolescents exploring each other sexually. I fact, I'm all for it provided they are reasonably secure with themselves and each other, and have adequate protection and education. If a parent provides a child with a solid foundation of reason and continued support, most adolescents will be reasonably secure by the time sexual exploration of any great depth occurs. A fairly healthy, happy sex life will eventually result from such a situation and I can only state that I am living proof. Blush (no, I will not relate personal experiencesTongue)
It is unnecessary for me to address sexual activity between adolescents here, because the question presented and restated, concerned sex between a "consenting" adult and a "consenting" child. Since this was posted under the heading of philosophy, I feel a need to expand my further comments into the realm of reason. I have not altered my opinion, but restate that sex between a "consenting" adult and a "consenting" child flies in the very face of reason. Reason; the very thing which separates the non-theist from the theist. A theist relinquishes all responsibility to a "higher power", while the non-theist takes responsibility for his or her self.
Bearing in mind that the responsibility of each individual must depend upon his or her own ability to reason, how many "consenting" children at large are able to reason responsibly, while exploring their ever expanding independence? An adolescent can be somewhat emotionally secure and sexually responsible, and still be extremely impressionable, naive, and manipulated into exploring beyond their own ability to remain within the bounds of reason. Ever burgeoning curiosity, continual bombardment of conflicting and confusing imagery, the isolation one might feel when seeking independence, all serve to enforce and reinforce vulnerabilities and insecurities of "consenting" adults, let alone an adolescent paced between adulthood and childhood. Upon further reflection, I can only state that it is the responsibility of any adult -"consenting" or otherwise - to take charge of any situation where a child is involved, to step back, examine their own motives and sense of reason, and understand that a child might not yet be able to do the same.
Regarding "age of consent" statutes; jurisprudence is in place to serve as a guidepost for any situation when reason may very well be a matter of personal "opinion". These statutes are designed be the precursor of doubt in a free society. If people are to govern themselves, laws must stand as a red flag for personal responsibility and reason; to alert one of the possible violation of another's inability to reason. Laws are in place to protect those who can not protect themselves. Is this not democracy?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-10-2011, 04:23 PM
(17-10-2011 07:19 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Sigh!
Laws already exist. Laws are already applied. The court system already deals with various sex offenses in various ways. All states and countries already have age--of-consent laws. All criminal cases are tried and sentenced individually, on their own merits. We all know these things. Nobody has disputed any of them.

In responding to the OP question, i expressed my own personal opinion on how i myself personally think about such matters, and how i would judge each incident on the basis of relevant facts, and - beyond the cutoff point i stated - refrain from judging on the basis of numbers alone; would try to be fair.
I don't require or expect anyone else to do it the same way.
Since i'm neither prosecutor nor legislator, it doesn't make one iota of difference to anybody in the entire world how i come to my own private non-influential conclusions.

So what the hell are Hughsie and Azaraith upset about?

I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I felt I was just airing my opinions.

Sorry if I was unclear about that and/or seemed more confrontational than I intended.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Hey, Hughsie,
I'm not hurt, offended or angry.
I just got a little frustrated, having to say the same thing over and over. I never suggested abolishing child protection laws, creating legal loopholes or letting paedophiles run around loose, or making any form of coercion acceptable. I thought i made that clear right up font, and three more times thereafter.
I cited several examples in which numerical judgment might not be just or reasonable; where individual assessment would have to be made, rather than trying to shove real people into unreal moulds. Not one of those examples featured a child - or a firearm.
I stand by that.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
26-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Read 'The Trauma Myth' by Susan Clancy - most children enjoy doing sex, society makes them feel bad about it afterwards. If something is harmless there is no justification for its prohibition.
26-02-2012, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 08:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-02-2012 11:04 AM)Banjofrog Wrote:  Read 'The Trauma Myth' by Susan Clancy - most children enjoy doing sex, society makes them feel bad about it afterwards. If something is harmless there is no justification for its prohibition.

Ummm, yeah. I am less worried about the damage I would be doing to them than the damage I would be doing to me. ... I mean, what the fuck, why would I want to be a pedo.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-02-2012, 09:01 PM
(26-02-2012 11:04 AM)Banjofrog Wrote:  Read 'The Trauma Myth' by Susan Clancy - most children enjoy doing sex, society makes them feel bad about it afterwards. If something is harmless there is no justification for its prohibition.

Why are you posting this? And what do you want to get out of it?
Are you speaking for yourself?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Thread Closed