Is it Safe for a Theist here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 07:10 AM
Is it Safe for a Theist here?
Hello,

It's nice to be here. Here is the reason I decided to join an Atheist Forum. First of all, I believe in God. I am not here to try to make anyone here change their views. And I am not here to have my views changed from a believer in God to atheism. What I am here for, is to talk through the internal challenged I am facing concerning my views on faith and life. I am hoping to get responses from some smart people about my questions on why I believe what I do, and how much I actually live what I believe. I have never been the smartest person in the world, and I realize that what I think I believe in is still only a product of what my limited intelligence affords me to retain. And that's a big part of why I am concerned.

Nice to meet everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GeeWizzShowBizz's post
04-07-2016, 07:41 AM
RE: Is it Safe for a Theist here?
Hi there.

Yup, it's fairly safe. We have quite a few theists here.

The ones who reflect your approach are well liked. The ones who preach, who know they are right and who tell us all what we believe, invariably get an arse-kicking. Have a look around and you'll see what I mean.

I hope we can help with your journey of discovery.

Smile

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Welcome! Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-07-2016, 07:49 AM
(04-07-2016 07:10 AM)GeeWizzShowBizz Wrote:  Hello,

It's nice to be here. Here is the reason I decided to join an Atheist Forum. First of all, I believe in God. I am not here to try to make anyone here change their views. And I am not here to have my views changed from a believer in God to atheism. What I am here for, is to talk through the internal challenged I am facing concerning my views on faith and life. I am hoping to get responses from some smart people about my questions on why I believe what I do, and how much I actually live what I believe. I have never been the smartest person in the world, and I realize that what I think I believe in is still only a product of what my limited intelligence affords me to retain. And that's a big part of why I am concerned.

Nice to meet everyone.

Hi and welcome.

If you are here for conversation you will be welcomed and accepted by most.

If you are here for confrontation or to tell the atheists here they are condemned, not so much.

Be ready for some who are a bit defensive at least at first.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2016, 08:01 AM
[Image: angrymob2.gif]

Too soon?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 13 users Like Gawdzilla's post
04-07-2016, 08:02 AM
GeeWizz...Gawdzilla is kidding, I think. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-07-2016, 08:03 AM
You'll be fine if you keep in mind that the people here don't want to be preached to. People may (will) challenge your views, but productive conversations can be had and you can freely express your beliefs and gain some new insights to other people's viewpoints.

Welcome!
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
04-07-2016, 08:11 AM
You will be well liked if you are friendly and honest.

If you have some sort of scheme to convince us that there are gods, people will out you.

But if you've come for some good conversation, it can certainly be had. We have quite a few believers here, from various religions.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-07-2016, 08:28 AM
(04-07-2016 08:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  GeeWizz...Gawdzilla is kidding, I think. Consider
[Image: anicheshirecat.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
04-07-2016, 08:29 AM
(04-07-2016 07:10 AM)GeeWizzShowBizz Wrote:  Hello,

Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome. As long as you remain respectful, you can expect dignified responses (for the most part). Bear in mind that many of us came from religion ourselves and are aware of what it is like to believe. Others, like Aliza, Kingschosen, and Jason_Delisle, still believe and yet are well respected. You get what you give.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post