Is it Safe for a Theist here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Is it Safe for a Theist here?
Welcome to TTA - you have a chance to learn here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2016, 08:38 AM
(04-07-2016 07:10 AM)GeeWizzShowBizz Wrote:  Hello,

It's nice to be here. Here is the reason I decided to join an Atheist Forum. First of all, I believe in God. I am not here to try to make anyone here change their views. And I am not here to have my views changed from a believer in God to atheism. What I am here for, is to talk through the internal challenged I am facing concerning my views on faith and life. I am hoping to get responses from some smart people about my questions on why I believe what I do, and how much I actually live what I believe. I have never been the smartest person in the world, and I realize that what I think I believe in is still only a product of what my limited intelligence affords me to retain. And that's a big part of why I am concerned.

Nice to meet everyone.

Hello! Big Grin

Hug

Thumbsup

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-07-2016, 08:45 AM

It's nice to be here. Here is the reason I decided to join an Atheist Forum. First of all, I believe in God. I am not here to try to make anyone here change their views. And I am not here to have my views changed from a believer in God to atheism. What I am here for, is to talk through the internal challenged I am facing concerning my views on faith and life. I am hoping to get responses from some smart people about my questions on why I believe what I do, and how much I actually live what I believe. I have never been the smartest person in the world, and I realize that what I think I believe in is still only a product of what my limited intelligence affords me to retain. And that's a big part of why I am concerned.

Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome.

Visiting an atheist site to repair the doubts about your belief in God, says you wallow in cognitive dissonance.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
04-07-2016, 08:48 AM
*Waggles finger @ tomilay*

Be nice.
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
04-07-2016, 08:53 AM

Nice to meet everyone.
Hi and welcome there are some really smart folks here and as long as you don't start trying to convert folks you will be fine we are mostly a friendly bunch there is the odd troll and some folks can be a little abrasive on occasion but you get that in any community. Don't get hung up on intellect I am as thick as pig shit and I still enjoy being here.
04-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Welcome fellow theist! First of all, don't be so down on yourself about "not being smart". I'm sure you are. Smile Second, don't worry too much about people being cranky; most of the atheist posters here are actually quite nice to someone who is genuinely looking for answers to questions, even outside of the Intro board (which explicitly states flaming, trolling, etc. are against the rules). Many of them have come out of a religious background of some sort themselves, and thus treat a genuinely questioning person with something akin to kid gloves; at least that's been my personal experience here.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Welcome!!

I really like your user name. I'm in showbiz...at least part of the time. I'm designing costumes for Jesus Christ Superstar.

One piece of advice, bring your sense of humor with you to the forum. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-07-2016, 09:01 AM
(04-07-2016 08:55 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Welcome fellow theist! First of all, don't be so down on yourself about "not being smart". I'm sure you are. Smile Second, don't worry too much about people being cranky; most of the atheist posters here are actually quite nice to someone who is genuinely looking for answers to questions, even outside of the Intro board (which explicitly states flaming, trolling, etc. are against the rules). Many of them have come out of a religious background of some sort themselves, and thus treat a genuinely questioning person with something akin to kid gloves; at least that's been my personal experience here.

Wait...what...you're a theist? Ohmy

Well that changes...

...nothing...I still like you. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2016, 09:10 AM
(04-07-2016 09:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 08:55 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Welcome fellow theist! First of all, don't be so down on yourself about "not being smart". I'm sure you are. Smile Second, don't worry too much about people being cranky; most of the atheist posters here are actually quite nice to someone who is genuinely looking for answers to questions, even outside of the Intro board (which explicitly states flaming, trolling, etc. are against the rules). Many of them have come out of a religious background of some sort themselves, and thus treat a genuinely questioning person with something akin to kid gloves; at least that's been my personal experience here.
Wait...what...you're a theist? Ohmy
Well that changes...
...nothing...I still like you. Big Grin
Thanks Big Grin Y'all are great here on the TTA boards; spend more time here than on my Catholic ones.

And GeeWiz, this sort of reinforces the "bring your sense of humor too". Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post