Is it Safe for a Theist here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: Is it Safe for a Theist here?
(04-07-2016 07:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Hi GeeWizz. Welcome to TTA. As you'll have gathered by now we don't have an open season on believers. It's actually refreshing when we get to have a conversation with a theist as opposed to the usual driveby spammers or preachers. By and large, if you respect people here then that's what you can expect to get in return.

You'll likely bump into a few forum members who can be a little hard on theists. Some of them have had very poor experiences with theists in the past and will lump you in with them until they get to know you better. And a small minority are simply jerks. The Atheist label doesn't tell you if somebody's on the Naughty of Nice list.

For a smoother ride you might want to steer clear of posting in the "Heavy Stuff" center portion of the forum until you know some of us a bit better and we have a better sense of who you are. The exception to that being the "Science" forum, which is really quite amiable for being "Heavy Stuff" so long as you're posting actual science. "Creation Science" goes in a completely seperate forum that can be hosed down easily.

The top and bottom of the forum are pretty light-hearted and typically have little to do with religion. It's a good place to meet some of us in a non-confrontational setting. Beware what passes for the sense of humour around here though. The 225 post "discussion" on Fold or Crumple? is just one shining example. You were warned.

Oh, and the smartest person in the world doesn't post here. They likely have better things to do. We're all just people with different skills, backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses.

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

Bolding mine. How do you know that, Paleophyte? Big Grin We're all members of the "Chattering Class" here, anyway. We're all hella smart, just in different ways.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Welcome. Your safeword is banana. Enjoy your stay.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2016, 08:25 AM
G'day, and welcome from Downunder. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
08-07-2016, 09:05 AM
1 post, disappears...gee whizz. Undecided

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-07-2016, 09:35 AM
(04-07-2016 07:10 AM)GeeWizzShowBizz Wrote:  Hello,

It's nice to be here. Here is the reason I decided to join an Atheist Forum. First of all, I believe in God. I am not here to try to make anyone here change their views. And I am not here to have my views changed from a believer in God to atheism. What I am here for, is to talk through the internal challenged I am facing concerning my views on faith and life. I am hoping to get responses from some smart people about my questions on why I believe what I do, and how much I actually live what I believe. I have never been the smartest person in the world, and I realize that what I think I believe in is still only a product of what my limited intelligence affords me to retain. And that's a big part of why I am concerned.

Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome to the forum Gee Whiz.

Much of the advice people gave is very valid.

Many of the arguments, question's you may have don't often require a great deal of intelligence to understand. I'm not a brilliant guy ether. Their are members here with a great deal of experience and expert tease in many different areas that far exsead anything I hope to achieve. So don't kick your self for having concerns. Maybe we'll get a chance to talk about our differences and similarity on another thread.

If your soul purpose is to have a conversation just remember these are choppy waters. Different parts of the forum may not be to your liking. Some members have had very bad experiences with religions and people of faith so many are on constant guard. Like DLJ stated in the beginning as long as you don't come from the stance "I Know everything already you all of you are idiots." You'll do fine here.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
08-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Looks like a drive-by to me. Wink
Post up, Gee Whiz!
08-07-2016, 09:55 AM
(08-07-2016 09:46 AM)skyking Wrote:  Looks like a drive-by to me. Wink
Post up, Gee Whiz!

This sucks I hate drive by theists, guess the guy is seriously short on testicular fortitude.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
08-07-2016, 10:25 AM
I guess everybody was too mean ( NOT!)
08-07-2016, 10:27 AM
(08-07-2016 10:25 AM)skyking Wrote:  I guess everybody was too mean ( NOT!)

Exactly my friend exactly
08-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Hibye, I guess Undecided

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?