Is it an ooops?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: Is it an ooops?
(20-04-2016 09:47 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 09:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Syz, me ol' mate, you haven't accidentally added her to your ignore list?

Nope. I never run ignore lists on forums. Plus she always gives us the good oil. Big Grin

You did have pm's blocked in your user cp. Mods can override it, so long as they aren't individually blocked.

I changed it (because I can), if this is a problem, let me know via pm.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-04-2016, 10:53 AM
(20-04-2016 05:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!

Is this a guessing game?

My money's on "Angele".

Am I right?

Yes

I could be wrong but I sound out Angele's name as Ann-gel-lai.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
20-04-2016, 11:49 AM
(20-04-2016 05:43 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I had messaged someone about the pronunciation of their handle (no, I'm not saying who, to respect their privacy) and they responded but when I tried to respond back I got a note that they had disabled their messages and mine wouldn't go through.

If this was on purpose that's fine but if it was by accident just want t let you know. Smile

Anyway this was my response:

Yay! That's pretty close to what I had in my head. I'm one of those who reads like I'm talking in my head and it really throws me to not be able to know how to pronounce something. lol

Thx Smile

H

Odd you should mention this now. Until about two days ago, I always read your name as Heath - Niss... Then I realized it was Heathen - ESS

If you hadn't posted this thread, you'd never have known
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
20-04-2016, 12:36 PM
(20-04-2016 11:49 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 05:43 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I had messaged someone about the pronunciation of their handle (no, I'm not saying who, to respect their privacy) and they responded but when I tried to respond back I got a note that they had disabled their messages and mine wouldn't go through.

If this was on purpose that's fine but if it was by accident just want t let you know. Smile

Yay! That's pretty close to what I had in my head. I'm one of those who reads like I'm talking in my head and it really throws me to not be able to know how to pronounce something. lol

Thx Smile

H

Odd you should mention this now. Until about two days ago, I always read your name as Heath - Niss... Then I realized it was Heathen - ESS

I wonder what heath niss is to you?

I do have some words I read incorrectly nearly every time. Also some I misspell consistantly. Weird.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
20-04-2016, 01:27 PM
(20-04-2016 12:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 11:49 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Odd you should mention this now. Until about two days ago, I always read your name as Heath - Niss... Then I realized it was Heathen - ESS

I do have some words I read incorrectly nearly every time. Also some I misspell consistantly. Weird.

It meant absolutely nothing... It's not until I thought about it, that I went *oh.. That makes much more sense*
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
20-04-2016, 01:34 PM
(20-04-2016 12:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 11:49 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Odd you should mention this now. Until about two days ago, I always read your name as Heath - Niss... Then I realized it was Heathen - ESS

If you put an e on the end you get the Danish word for Santa' helpers. Nisse.

Though they go back further than that. They used to be seen as a sort of protector of a home that you needed to keep happy or they'd cause mischief in the home.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
20-04-2016, 01:50 PM
(20-04-2016 10:19 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll look into this.

That's what she said Sadcryface

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-04-2016, 02:01 PM
(20-04-2016 01:34 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 12:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I wonder what heath niss is to you?

If you put an e on the end you get the Danish word for Santa' helpers. Nisse.

Though they go back further than that. They used to be seen as a sort of protector of a home that you needed to keep happy or they'd cause mischief in the home.

An elf?
20-04-2016, 02:12 PM
(20-04-2016 02:01 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 01:34 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  If you put an e on the end you get the Danish word for Santa' helpers. Nisse.

An elf?
Yes, as long as we are staying away from the Germanic ones that Tolkien used.

Think tiny creatures. Or:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomte
20-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Thx Smile

H

Was it "earmuffs"? In Maori it is pronounced cuntmuffin or sometimes muffinstuffer or just plain cunt depending on context.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post