Is it an ooops?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2016, 05:21 PM
RE: Is it an ooops?
(20-04-2016 10:53 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 05:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!

Is this a guessing game?

My money's on "Angele".

Am I right?

Yes

I could be wrong but I sound out Angele's name as Ann-gel-lai.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ato and I talked about this when we did the interview...AngieLee...'cause that's my name. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-04-2016, 05:29 PM
(20-04-2016 05:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 10:53 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I could be wrong but I sound out Angele's name as Ann-gel-lai.

Ato and I talked about this when we did the interview...AngieLee...'cause that's my name. Smile

The "Lee" is silent.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-04-2016, 05:34 PM
(20-04-2016 05:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 05:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ato and I talked about this when we did the interview...AngieLee...'cause that's my name. Smile

The "Lee" is silent.

I remember exactly where I was and who I was with the first time I heard that song. Smile

One of my closest friends, my boyfriend, and his best friend were on the way to New Wine park. Boyfriend and his friend played in various bands and both sang. They had already heard it and sang it all the way through when it came on the radio.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-04-2016, 08:54 PM
(20-04-2016 05:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 10:53 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I could be wrong but I sound out Angele's name as Ann-gel-lai.

I was going to suggest the accent thread.
20-04-2016, 08:58 PM
(20-04-2016 06:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 05:43 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I had messaged someone about the pronunciation of their handle (no, I'm not saying who, to respect their privacy) and they responded but when I tried to respond back I got a note that they had disabled their messages and mine wouldn't go through.

If this was on purpose that's fine but if it was by accident just want t let you know.

G'day Heatheness... and others. Smile

T'was I that PM'd an explanation of the "in ya head" pronunciation of my handle, which I say as "sizz", but I definitely don't have PM'ing disabled. Interestingly I never got H's response in my inbox, so I dunno? Maybe one of the mods could comment?

[Image: element-of-confusion-tee.jpg]

No no... It is spelled "Syz", but is pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove".

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Sam's post
20-04-2016, 09:58 PM
(20-04-2016 08:58 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 06:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  G'day Heatheness... and others. Smile

T'was I that PM'd an explanation of the "in ya head" pronunciation of my handle, which I say as "sizz", but I definitely don't have PM'ing disabled. Interestingly I never got H's response in my inbox, so I dunno? Maybe one of the mods could comment?

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
21-04-2016, 09:04 PM
(20-04-2016 08:58 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 06:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  G'day Heatheness... and others. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2016, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2016 10:46 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(20-04-2016 06:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 05:43 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I had messaged someone about the pronunciation of their handle (no, I'm not saying who, to respect their privacy) and they responded but when I tried to respond back I got a note that they had disabled their messages and mine wouldn't go through.

If this was on purpose that's fine but if it was by accident just want t let you know.

G'day Heatheness... and others. Smile

Goddamnit this entire time I've been pronouncing it as "Chigo'thka, Ruiner of Worlds". Hate it when that happens.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-04-2016, 06:16 PM
(20-04-2016 10:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 09:47 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Nope. I never run ignore lists on forums. Plus she always gives us the good oil.

You did have pm's blocked in your user cp. Mods can override it, so long as they aren't individually blocked.

I changed it (because I can), if this is a problem, let me know via pm.

Velly interlesting..... I've never actively blocked PMs here, and Dom's PM got through okay. And thanks for that Mom. Heart

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-04-2016, 06:18 PM
(22-04-2016 06:16 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 10:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You did have pm's blocked in your user cp. Mods can override it, so long as they aren't individually blocked.

I changed it (because I can), if this is a problem, let me know via pm.

Velly interlesting..... I've never actively blocked PMs here, and Dom's PM got through okay. And thanks for that Mom. Heart

I sent you a new one and it looked like it went, don't know of you got it or not. 'tis okay.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]