Is it enough?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Is it enough?
4 am and you're awake again.
Do you wonder whether this is the best life you're supposed to have? All the life you deserve?
Shouldn't it be more....?
Why isn't it?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Peterkin's post
02-04-2012, 05:53 AM
RE: Is it enough?
As I wuz ranting in teh poet's corner, I pretty much wake up every morning singing to my Gwynnies. More? Like Gwynnies actually being there when I wake? Nah. That's how rumors of heaven get started...

There is not more because we have not evolved sufficiently to be immersed in a completely benign environment. Life is forged in the flame of dualities; fight or flight, eat or starve, live or die. Like the tao predicts, unity is harmony in balance. I don't have a future, I have today; this now. I don't need more. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Ah, the old cry:

"Is this all there is?"

If you don't think it's enough, add something. Change.

It's funny how we are afraid of change and settle for a life of "is this all there is" instead.

If you want a full, rich life, you have to make it happen. Every change enriches you, gives you additional perspective and makes life exciting.

Whether it's a small change or a big one, it will energize you. Change your habits, change your environment, set new goals.

There may be things you cannot change at this time, so change something else, little things count, and make a plan to change those things that seem insurmountable now. Scout alternatives that appeal to you and plans will come to you.

If you just sit there, then that's all there is. If you move ahead, new and exciting things will happen. No matter what your age is, change is the spice of life.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-04-2012, 09:50 AM
(02-04-2012 06:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, the old cry:

"Is this all there is?"
That may be a question, just not the question i'm asking.

What i asked was: do you wonder whether you're functioning within design parameters?
Living up to potential; free to do what you desire to do; reaping all the reward your efforts merit; becoming, experiencing, embracing, enjoying, absorbing, expressing all that you can?
If not, what's missing?
Or what obstacles stand in your way?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
02-04-2012, 10:09 AM
(02-04-2012 09:50 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  
(02-04-2012 06:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, the old cry:

"Is this all there is?"
That may be a question, just not the question i'm asking.

What i asked was: do you wonder whether you're functioning within design parameters?
Living up to potential; free to do what you desire to do; reaping all the reward your efforts merit; becoming, experiencing, embracing, enjoying, absorbing, expressing all that you can?
If not, what's missing?
Or what obstacles stand in your way?

The answer is the same.... always invite change. Your potential changes all the time. Your perception of freedom changes all the time. Your perception of what constitutes a reward changes all the time. And so on. You need to constantly change in order to do all the other points you are making. The things that matter today won't matter tomorrow. It's not like you ever reach the ultimate - until the day you die. That will define your ultimate.

If you are asking only about the present and personally - I think I have done well for myself and am pretty much where I want to be. What's missing is my partner in crime - my husband. So the obstacle is death. It's the only absolute in life and the only real obstacle. You can try to tackle all other obstacles, but not death.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Do you wonder whether this is the best life you're supposed to have? ....... No

All the life you deserve? ........ No

Shouldn't it be more....? ........No

Why isn't it?........ Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Do you wonder whether this is the best life you're supposed to have? ......No
All the life you deserve?......Not really
Shouldn't it be more....?...I don't know.
Why isn't it?....I don't know. Part of me just doesn't care anymore. Secondly why should I live my life according to what someone else thinks is "best" or "fullest"?

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
03-04-2012, 05:18 AM
To judge that we have all the life we deserve is to assume that we know what we desirve and that we deserve anything.
The answers are in Existentialism.
The best example I can give is the creation of art. Is it good or bad?
By what standards and who sets the standards?
Art is art because it was intended to be art.
We are what we intent to be.
Not what we were designed to be, mean to be, or measured to be by the standards of the "They".
We should all stop asking the question of what we are supposed to be and just be.
The biggest mistake we make is when we buy into the judgement of others.
By this we give credibility to the judgement of ourselves by others.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
03-04-2012, 06:18 AM
(02-04-2012 03:14 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  4 am and you're awake again.
Do you wonder whether this is the best life you're supposed to have? All the life you deserve?
Shouldn't it be more....?
Why isn't it?
No. I know it isn't what I want at least. I thirst to start my own large business in a niche market that I have enjoyed being a part of as a hobby for the past many years. Do I deserve it? That's a complex and difficult question. People find themselves in shitty circumstances they don't deserve. Other people find themselves in great circumstances when they're total dicks. So I'm not sure how I feel about the last part of that.

Shouldn't it be more? Well.. need? No. I have what I need. Do I WANT more? Absolutely.

Lastly.. it isn't... because I am having a very big time with hesitation in the market right now with the economy in the state it is in. Perhaps patience is one way to put it. Fear is another. Hesitation... mix them together, and my wheels are spinning with no progress.

But I am determined. I have dreams, aspirations. I'm quite young. I've done quite well and haven't stopped yet, and I don't plan on it.
03-04-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm sure another me in another universe is having a life I would deem way more interesting and fascinating.. but I'm sure he'd feel the exact same way in his life. I would say of course it is enough; thinking makes it so.