Is it enough?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Is it enough?
Well for me personally on a materialistic level I have a job that pays all of my bills....... What little money I get gives me a secure roof over me, it provides heat and I have enough to feed myself with enough money left over to share with the people who I love and care about in my life.

This should really be enough and I try to be gratefull for those things on a daily basis yet there is something inside me that asks

"what do I need???"

So I do wonder at where this thought comes from??? Is it because of society and the world around me that has shaped me that demands that I need more to fullfill some sort of "happiness"...... am I looking for a place to "fit in" and who has the right to compare this other than myself???? Why should I compare myself to everything else when deep down I know that all I can be is me???

When I eventually make my way off this mortal coil and quite possibly the only life I may have will I look back and regret that I had spent a huge majority of my life and precious time working in places that dont really actually serve me myself personally??? Places that yes..... serve a purpose but in reality the only reason why I am there is to earn money??? That without this need for money I wouldnt actually be there???

Yet when I dwell on this need I find myself looking outwards more and more. Is this answer out there or is this answer deep within myself and how do I get it and how will I know when I have found it???

Is this question of need my own or has it come from somewhere else???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 09:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-04-2012 03:14 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  4 am and you're awake again.
Do you wonder whether this is the best life you're supposed to have? All the life you deserve?

Damn well better be, 'cause it's all I'm gonna get.

(02-04-2012 03:14 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Shouldn't it be more....?
Why isn't it?

Pfffft. ... Tongue

I have forgiven 51 unprovoked insults Heywood Jahblome has directed at forum members.
10-04-2012, 05:52 PM
"Shouldn't it be more....?"

A very intriguing question but in considering it I am confronted with a question of my own. Is there any reason to think there should be more? Why would we think there should be more than there is? What is there? Is there not much already? We have the capacity for love, joy, satisfaction, and appreciation. We are bestowed with the brilliance of perception, allowing a personal conception of what life is and can be. This allows the freedom to view life however we desire, as a perfect existence of beauty and truth, or a disappointing struggle of stress. In reality the experience of life is as pleasing as we think it to be and that seems pretty fantastic to me.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStapleMaster's post
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 07:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-04-2012 05:52 PM)TheStapleMaster Wrote:  "Shouldn't it be more....?"

A very intriguing question but in considering it I am confronted with a question of my own. Is there any reason to think there should be more? Why would we think there should be more than there is? What is there? Is there not much already? We have the capacity for love, joy, satisfaction, and appreciation. We are bestowed with the brilliance of perception, allowing a personal conception of what life is and can be. This allows the freedom to view life however we desire, as a perfect existence of beauty and truth, or a disappointing struggle of stress. In reality the experience of life is as pleasing as we think it to be and that seems pretty fantastic to me.

We make our own heaven or our own hell right here, right now. Not gonna get another shot at it. No mulligans. If someone wants to abrogate that responsibility to some bogus higher authority, well I guess that's up to them. ... I call them pussies.

I have forgiven 51 unprovoked insults Heywood Jahblome has directed at forum members.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post