Is it ever appropriate to ask someone if her children are her bio kids or her husband

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 08:49 PM
RE:
I am of a differing opinion, Chas-buddy. Smile If you are uncomfortable asking "intrusive" questions, by all means, refrain from doing so.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 08:57 PM
RE:
(13-01-2013 08:49 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I am of a differing opinion, Chas-buddy. Smile If you are uncomfortable asking "intrusive" questions, by all means, refrain from doing so.
It's not about my discomfort, it's about the discomfort of the person whose privacy is being invaded. Don't be a dick.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
13-01-2013, 09:03 PM
RE:
I'm attempting to do quite the opposite, here. Blink

13-01-2013, 09:05 PM
RE:
(13-01-2013 09:03 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm attempting to do quite the opposite, here. Blink

Asking people inappropriate and/or intrusive questions is being a dick.

13-01-2013, 09:10 PM
RE:
If I ask an individual if I may enter their home and they say no, I must respect their right to refuse my entrance. I will then walk away.

If, however, they refuse my entrance and I force my way into their home, then yes, I would be intruding, and others would be justified in calling me a dick.

In my view, it's the same with asking personal questions. There's nothing wrong with asking a question. It's up to them to answer or not. If not, that's fine. I must respect their right to refuse my entrance. I will then walk away.

Sorry if that makes me a dick, but that's how it is. Smile

13-01-2013, 09:12 PM
RE:
(13-01-2013 09:10 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If I ask an individual if I may enter their home and they say no, I must respect their right to refuse my entrance. I will then walk away.

If, however, they refuse my entrance and I force my way into their home, then yes, I would be intruding, and others would be justified in calling me a dick.

No, that would make you a criminal.

Quote:In my view, it's the same with asking personal questions. There's nothing wrong with asking a question. It's up to them to answer or not. If not, that's fine. I must respect their right to refuse my entrance. I will then walk away.

Sorry if that makes me a dick, but that's how it is. Smile

OK, it makes you a dick if you ask someone a question you know will make them uncomfortable. A real dick. The height of dickishness.

13-01-2013, 09:20 PM
RE:
"No, that would make you a criminal."

Alright. A dick-headed criminal. However you want to word it; my intrusion would be taken offensively - and rightfully so.

"OK, it makes you a dick if you ask someone a question you know will make them uncomfortable. A real dick. The height of dickishness."

I cannot possibly know what will/will not make someone uncomfortable. I've asked people how old they are and they've answered with no problem. I've asked others how old they are and they gave me a look of shock. When people ask me personal questions, I respond however I see fit, but not once have I ever been offended. What offends one will not offend another.

You're right, if I know what a person does/doesn't want to be asked, and I ask unpleasant questions anyway, that would make me a dick. That's why, if I know that there will be a negative reaction, I do not ask such questions.

13-01-2013, 09:24 PM
RE:
(13-01-2013 09:20 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  "No, that would make you a criminal."

Alright. A dick-headed criminal. However you want to word it; my intrusion would be taken offensively - and rightfully so.

"OK, it makes you a dick if you ask someone a question you know will make them uncomfortable. A real dick. The height of dickishness."

I cannot possibly know what will/will not make someone uncomfortable. I've asked people how old they are and they've answered with no problem. I've asked others how old they are and they gave me a look of shock. When people ask me personal questions, I respond however I see fit, but not once have I ever been offended. What offends one will not offend another.

You're right, if I know what a person does/doesn't want to be asked, and I ask unpleasant questions anyway, that would make me a dick. That's why, if I know that there will be a negative reaction, I do not ask such questions.

Ok, we're good. I was hoping you weren't a certified dick because I rather like you. Except for the lip things.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-01-2013, 09:25 PM
RE:
Then you really wont like the one on my penis... Confused

13-01-2013, 09:32 PM
RE:
(13-01-2013 09:25 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Then you really wont like the one on my penis... Confused

Blink