Is it just a case of.....???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Is it just a case of.....???
I watched this video a while ago............

............ and today I thought of it again. The thought that came to me was all these feelings of "spirituality" I have had throughout my life (through meditation and other means)...... is it really all just a case of me engaging more in my right hemisphere of my brain........... or is it my left hemisphere telling me so?????

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
07-06-2012, 04:29 PM
RE: Is it just a case of.....???
So... are you thinking that feeling all spiritual might be just having a mini stroke?
Consider

I'll buy that... brain damage is brain damage. Big Grin

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
(07-06-2012 04:29 PM)kim Wrote:  So... are you thinking that feeling all spiritual might be just having a mini stroke?
Consider

I'll buy that... brain damage is brain damage. Big Grin
Maybe not having a mini stroke.

I understand that I am limited to my nervous system........ that I can only experience to within certain boundaries.

There has been times when I have felt "connected" with everything around me....... Id even go so far as to say connected to the whole universe..... These feelings I could talk about for years but probably never come close to describing in the detail I would like for you to understand. Obv in time this led me to investigate things like Energy........ Chakras....... etc etc to try and shed some light on these experiences.

Im just thinking that maybe it all can be explained because my brain is slightly engaging towards the right side more........ giving me these "feelings" of an "experience"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
What's more believable:

Jacking into the cosmic consciousness

or

Brain throwing up weird artifacts?

Artifacts is a programming term, can't think of a better way to describe. Basically in a program sometimes (especially in graphics) you get an unexpected result which doesn't interfere with proper running of the program - like if you're drawing a line and every now and then the color of one pixel is wrong. That's called an artifact. They come up because of things like that computers can't handle real numbers, really, although they can fake it pretty good...

Evolutionary brain I would expect to throw up lots of artifacts 'cos anything which doesn't interfere with reproduction is perfectly OK.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM
(07-06-2012 04:23 PM)bemore Wrote:  I watched this video a while ago............

............ and today I thought of it again. The thought that came to me was all these feelings of "spirituality" I have had throughout my life (through meditation and other means)...... is it really all just a case of me engaging more in my right hemisphere of my brain........... or is it my left hemisphere telling me so?????

Great vid Bemore; I liked your open ended comments too.................... Cool

Our meanings,ensconced within dubious joys may well lead to eventual social miseries~~~~Murchovski
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
I really enjoyed that vid, thanks Bemore Thumbsup

She's a very engaging individual Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
08-06-2012, 12:18 AM
That was a cool TED talk. I love her description, I could feel it Smile

So we are both the I and the we. I like it! It is fun to quiet the left hemisphere and trip out, but you get too trippy and you may lose perspective, which I think the left provides. Thus, balance Smile Always good to take the middle path Big Grin Leads to nirvana. Ommmmmm.........
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
09-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Bemore....I really saw this video as indicative of mind operating at levels beyond our encased brain with the latter perhaps a miniscule aspect of the former. Big Grin

Our meanings,ensconced within dubious joys may well lead to eventual social miseries~~~~Murchovski
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
09-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Reminds me of my hippie days and LSD.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 08:03 PM by Mr Woof.)
(09-06-2012 08:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Reminds me of my hippie days and LSD.

Yeah, Leary really pushed the boundaries, as to whether he was simply altering brain chemicals or something more profound, I do not know Huh