Is it just me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: Is it just me?
I thought I had already responded on this thread to the OP. When my kids were young and asked me what was going on between some of their friends one calling the other a papist, that a long time ago in a village off in the forest people started asking if there wasn't some way to avoid death. The first preacher ever came forward and assured the people they didn't have to die, they could transplant to heaven if they chose to do so. They would have to bring him the best of everything and he would arrange with the spirit world that for those who gave much to the preacher would live forever in happiness with their whole family intact. Fear of death is what started religion I am certain!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
10-06-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: Is it just me?
I agree with you, born again, that fear of death is most likely why religion was thought up, to give the solace of the "good go to heaven". And we can't have Aunt Mabel with Ted Bundy, so hell for the evil doers. It truly boggles my mind how anyone over the age of 15 believes that we are all eternal beings....but that is the same thought that makes me spiral into a total meltdown. Being someone who was raised by a lovely Jewish mother and a non practicing Methodist dad, what better school than Christian for their only child?? I really think that my folks did that solely for me to have the beliefs of heaven and hell ingrained in me, so that I always had the comfort of eternal life.

I wish more people cared about the earth as much as they care about who they believe created it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply