Is it just me or has american tv gotten dumber ever since I stoped watching it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Is it just me or has american tv gotten dumber ever since I stoped watching it?
(06-10-2012 04:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 12:34 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  ... [the] thinking butt ...

Now, that would make an interesting show.

The first question to be assked: Who does Number 2 work for?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-10-2012, 09:04 AM
RE: Is it just me or has american tv gotten dumber ever since I stoped watching it?
(06-10-2012 09:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 04:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Now, that would make an interesting show.

The first question to be assked: Who does Number 2 work for?

Starring Gatrick Mc Poohan?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-10-2012, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 02:07 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Is it just me or has american tv gotten dumber ever since I stoped watching it?
TV has gotten so bad in recent years that I don't even know what shows are on other than a choice few. Even shows I used to really like, House for instance, got taken too far so I gave it up a couple years ago.

For now any TV on around here will be football and when I have a chance, some true crime shows and documentaries.

I even grew weary of the Discovery Channel...how freaking often must we deal with Shark Week?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I read somewhere that the attention span of the average American has gotten so low, that programs like American Idol need to change the camera angle every seven seconds, just to hold the attention of their audience. It's like watching a strobe light. Made me wanna barf. (my wife and I watched about half an episode after we read that, just to see if they really do change the camera angle that often. They do.)

Just visiting.

-SR
06-10-2012, 09:51 AM
(06-10-2012 09:44 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I read somewhere that the attention span of the average American has gotten so low, that programs like American Idol need to change the camera angle every seven seconds, just to hold the attention of their audience. It's like watching a strobe light. Made me wanna barf. (my wife and I watched about half an episode after we read that, just to see if they really do change the camera angle that often. They do.)

TL;DR

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post