Is it just me or has american tv gotten dumber ever since I stoped watching it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 11:44 PM
before i go into this I'd like to note this is just my opinion.I say that because the ine time I posted this people where rude to me. so i'll rephrase a bit but here is the just of things.

Don't get me wrong i don't mind stupid things in moderation butttt... I've noticed a disturbing trend from t.v on hulu since I have come back to the tv from my own country{yes I have literary watched nothing but Japanese cartoons since the year two thousand began. it's happening in anime as well but at a slower rate. It seems like t.v.is now being sold to people with extreme a.d.d. and the intellect of each show is about the same. I know I haven't seen much but It makes me wonder. it reminds me of how most people view Japanese cartoons. they seem to think japan is in the buizness of producing fan service with out depth. and some shows are like that but to me it's only what you see on the outside.

on a lighter note It is just weird that I can't talk american movies or tv now and have this outside view. It's like looking through another tint of blue shades that color your perspective.

p.s. sorry for butchering the word business,

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
04-10-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: Is it just me or has american tv gotten dumber ever since I stoped watching it?
The TV is getting stupider and dumber always. So yes, you are right, it has gone down the stupid lane since you stopped watching it, because it was always on a downhill, it just follows the normal trend. Idiocracy all around us.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-10-2012, 11:51 PM
RE: Is it just me or has american tv gotten dumber ever since I stoped watching it?
yeah but I think that's because of all the competition that now exist for your attention.

04-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Two words: reality television. Sad
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
05-10-2012, 12:01 AM
three words: reality television sucks

[+] 3 users Like kunoxian drive's post
05-10-2012, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 03:35 AM by depat.)
I quite watching television 7 years ago.

I just finished a 4 year stint in the public school system in Houston, spending a great deal of time with middle schoolers, a tough group. One assignment was, "what do you think life would be like if television did not exist." I believe this was an encouraged district wide topic assignment.

After reading quite a few of these essays, the overall consensus from the kids was that life would not go on, we/I would die without TV, our culture would not advance, people would become dumber. I was astonished when one lone essay came through the myth with a belief that without TV people might talk to one another, might look at the stars, might read books, might learn more.

A co-worker asked me last night what I believed about mermaids? She was taken away with a TV program.
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
05-10-2012, 12:34 AM
I come from a similar line of thinking butt I know tv is not the only thing in the world. I would eventually get used to being without it and thus I would be fine buttt... if you had to ask me what I did with most my time I'd say watch tv ,[lay video games, and write novels. so basically you should just hook the computer to me already and get it over with.

06-10-2012, 01:56 AM
If you quit watching, how can you know it's grown dumber? Huh

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-10-2012, 04:12 AM
(05-10-2012 12:34 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  ... [the] thinking butt ...

Now, that would make an interesting show.

06-10-2012, 04:51 AM
(06-10-2012 04:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 12:34 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  ... [the] thinking butt ...

Now, that would make an interesting show.

Hope no TV execs are reading this thread. No
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  American Ninja Warrior Peanut 4 414 03-03-2013 04:30 AM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  American Horror Story Erxomai 4 484 01-01-2013 05:05 AM
Last Post: Christy123
  New Game Show - The American Bible Challenge Jeff 5 589 26-08-2012 09:53 AM
Last Post: Leela
  I'm watching Good Christian Bitches for the first time. germanyt 0 310 26-03-2012 06:26 PM
Last Post: germanyt
  Watching this just makes me happy... Saimmaq 9 626 11-12-2011 10:02 PM
Last Post: Saimmaq
  American Horror Rabidtreeweasel 0 312 07-10-2011 05:16 PM
Last Post: Rabidtreeweasel