Is it just me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: Is it just me?
(03-01-2012 10:11 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Jimmy.

Quote:Is it just me that thinks god dumped his load into Mary then told Joseph to go ahead and bang her all he wanted to, crass?

It is pretty crass.

If the immaculate conception thing is true, I feel confident that the Almighty's semen wasn't involved. More of a snap your fingers, I'm omnipotent kinda thing. And to the Catholics, marriage is a sacrament, so God was likely OK with consummation.

If it's not true then you're just being a penis trying to get a rise out of Theists by desecrating what they consider holy and trying to get a cheap laugh out of Atheists by showing them how far you can take the joke.

So yeah, a bit too far in my estimation, crass and a little juvenile for my taste.

Yes, it's shocking and tasteless. But it's mocking the absurd. Try reading Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-01-2012, 10:20 AM
(03-01-2012 12:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  See, you're the type of atheist that has actually crossed over into satanism. You may not think so, or you may not realize it, but it doesn't matter. I know atheist types, and I know your type. You will never convert and you are damned to hell. Your whole mission in life, though you don't think it is, is to get others to agree with you, and by doing so, committ sins they never thought they could do just by laughing at your joke, or worse, telling you off.

I'll do neither. But I want you to know; I know what you are, and I'm not taking the bait.

Hasta.
Can you explain the bolt to a stupid Hollander as this atheïst?
Can you prove the existence off something as a Satan?
And last but not lest, is it normal that Christianity has so much lack of humor?
If that last is true, I'm happy to be a atheïst.

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Jim's post
03-01-2012, 10:51 AM
(02-01-2012 10:01 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  Is it just me that thinks god dumped his load into Mary then told Joseph to go ahead and bang her all he wanted to, crass?

I'll go with crass, but with the right to pile on...

Getting knocked up by a "god" was a pretty common theme - especially in olden times.

Just check out Zeus' prodigy. http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/ZeusFamily.html

As an almost daily occurrence - women getting knocked up by gods - it's rather shocking that it doesn't happen more often.

Now if my daughter gets with child, knowing her, I'll be inclined to think it was a supernatural event...(jk)

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM

(03-01-2012 12:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  See, you're the type of atheist that has actually crossed over into satanism. You may not think so, or you may not realize it, but it doesn't matter. I know atheist types, and I know your type. You will never convert and you are damned to hell. Your whole mission in life, though you don't think it is, is to get others to agree with you, and by doing so, committ sins they never thought they could do just by laughing at your joke, or worse, telling you off.

I'll do neither. But I want you to know; I know what you are, and I'm not taking the bait.

Hasta.

Hmmmm,
God had zillions of deaths at his hand.
Satan had, what? 10? if that many?

Seems Satan's got that moral conduct thing down more than god. Seemingly a nicer fellow too!

How about this......i have killed NO ONE!! EVER.
Which makes me Moral than GOD OR SATAN!!
ERGO must BOW TO ME!!!!! I am MORE moral than HIS god!

I require no blood of lambs, sacrificed kids or infants. Nope, just bring me big breasted women to gaze upon.

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Denicio's post
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
(03-01-2012 12:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  Your whole mission in life, though you don't think it is, is to get others to agree with you, and by doing so, committ sins they never thought they could do just by laughing at your joke, or worse, telling you off.

Hasta.

[Image: 064.gif]
Actually Ego R, by posting at all, you in fact are trying to get others to agree with you or to tell you off.
So... your statements: "I'll do neither" and, "I'm not taking the bait", are both pretty much retroactively fucked.

"Hasta" Huh

Latin
Hasta (spear)
Hasta Pompeia, a Roman town today known as Asti

Sanskrit
Hasta (hand), a Sanskrit word meaning hand gesture or position
Hasta (unit), a measure of length -the thirteenth Nakshatra of Hindu Astrology

Spanish
Hasta, a Spanish word meaning "until."

Turkish
hasta means sick and tr:Hastalık “disease”

Major Ass Troll. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
(03-01-2012 12:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  See, you're the type of atheist that has actually crossed over into satanism. You may not think so, or you may not realize it, but it doesn't matter. I know atheist types, and I know your type.

If you listened to an atheist, then you may actually get to know them... and you'll find that most of us think the idea of Satan is just as silly as the idea of God. Can you worship God if you don't believe he exists? Of course not. Nor can you worship Satan if you think he doesn't exist, by the same logic.

Just because the bible divides people as God-worshipping or Satan-worshipping doesn't mean that the bible reflects reality. A Muslim would say that you either worship Allah or Satan. It doesn't make them any more correct just because they have a holy book that backs up their claim.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
03-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Hey Ego R...
[Image: 11.gif]
Boo!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I actually was asking a serious question but I guess my language made it seem as though I was being flippant. I'll try again...

It seems to me that someone god had chosen to impregnate (snap of fingers or what ever) would have been put somewhere others could not get at. After serving her purpose as the mother of Christ, does it not seem crass that Joseph would be hitting on her or even be allowed to?
03-01-2012, 07:31 PM
(03-01-2012 07:27 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  I actually was asking a serious question but I guess my language made it seem as though I was being flippant. I'll try again...

It seems to me that someone god had chosen to impregnate (snap of fingers or what ever) would have been put somewhere others could not get at. After serving her purpose as the mother of Christ, does it not seem crass that Joseph would be hitting on her or even be allowed to?

It's been a while since I've checked out Catholic Theology, but I do think some Pope or Church Council declared that Mary is an Eternal Virgin, and that she herself was somehow Immaculately Conceived. If I'm remembering this correctly they go further and declare that she and Joseph never had sex. The siblings of Jesus that are mentioned in the NT would have supposedly been Joseph's from a previous marriage.
Of course, none of this can be found in the Bible.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-01-2012, 10:01 PM

Hasta.
Ok, can we please just get rid of this guy now?

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]