Is it just me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 11:19 PM by Ghost.)
RE: Is it just me?
Hey, Starcrash.

Quote:If you listened to an atheist, then you may actually get to know them... and you'll find that most of us think the idea of Satan is just as silly as the idea of God. Can you worship God if you don't believe he exists? Of course not. Nor can you worship Satan if you think he doesn't exist, by the same logic.

I'm totally making an assumption about Egor's position (still waiting on confirmation of blanket vs LeVay) but I think that whether or not Jimmy worships Satan or believes in Satan is irrelevant. Egor believes in Satan. I think that being a so-called Satanist is less of a... like, something you signed up for at the mall recruiting table (become a Satanist and get free dental too!), and more a matter of you not knowing God (I'm sure there's a better term for that, ungodly, forsaken him, refuse to accept him into your heart) and thus falling prey to the influence of Satan. Satan controls/influences/tricks people into doing the things that Egor is accusing. So to be a Satanist is to be... Satan's dupe. I think that's why he spoke about "not knowing", ie, "you poor sap, you've been roped into doing Satan's work and you don't even realise it." So your disbelief in Satan isn't a factor, unless you consider that it makes you more susceptible to Satan's influence (the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled and all). So Jimmy's type is an obstinate Atheist/woefully ignorant whore of Satan.

Hey, Chaz.

Quote:Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal

What's that? Link to it or it never happened!

Hey, Jimmy.

Quote:It seems to me that someone god had chosen to impregnate (snap of fingers or what ever) would have been put somewhere others could not get at. After serving her purpose as the mother of Christ, does it not seem crass that Joseph would be hitting on her or even be allowed to?

Well that kind of assumes that he didn't just impregnate her, he annexed the rest of her life too. I don't think that God intended (provided this is real) to make her his thrall/indentured servant. He just wanted her to carry his baby and then live her life. She'd kind of have to because I'd assume his gambit was that she'd raise Jesus well. So like I said before, marriage is a sacrament. Why would he deny her that sacrament? God never married her nor did he fornicate with her because Jesus was a virgin birth. So she never did anything that ruled her out from being able to accept the sacrament of marriage. From what I understand, she and Joseph had a long life with children other than Jesus (Or maybe that was just from the Da Vinci Code… Damn my ignorance!).

Most importantly, when all is said and done, I don't think that God would be all Jersey Shore jealous about it. I mean, he's not Glenn Close. He'd would probably be all like, chilin in the Escalade, goin, "I love it when a plan comes together." That's right. I said it. God moonlights as George Peppard. You all thought it was George Burns. Wrong George! You fools!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
04-01-2012, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 12:13 AM by kim.)
(03-01-2012 07:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 07:27 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  I actually was asking a serious question but I guess my language made it seem as though I was being flippant. I'll try again...

It seems to me that someone god had chosen to impregnate (snap of fingers or what ever) would have been put somewhere others could not get at. After serving her purpose as the mother of Christ, does it not seem crass that Joseph would be hitting on her or even be allowed to?

It's been a while since I've checked out Catholic Theology, but I do think some Pope or Church Council declared that Mary is an Eternal Virgin, and that she herself was somehow Immaculately Conceived. If I'm remembering this correctly they go further and declare that she and Joseph never had sex. The siblings of Jesus that are mentioned in the NT would have supposedly been Joseph's from a previous marriage.
Of course, none of this can be found in the Bible.

Thanks Erxomai -I was wondering if someone was going to mention that the immaculate conception actually refers to the conception of Mary and not Jesus. Way freaky if you ask me... I mean, besides killing,... it would appear the big G really liked impregnating human women. Very creepy that he not only did Mary's Mom, but he also did Mary; his own daughter! Poor little Jesus; product of an incestuous pattern in his family. No wonder he needed to get away. Sad really. Shy
I don't think Mary really had a choice nor did Jesus... and I think that's the point of these stories. Obedience and the ecstasy of the conception was supposed to be enough for the women. And of course Jesus was supposed to be an obedient son and die. Wouldn't want to have been in his shoes. Sandals. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-01-2012, 02:19 AM
(03-01-2012 12:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  See, you're the type of atheist that has actually crossed over into satanism. You may not think so, or you may not realize it, but it doesn't matter. I know atheist types, and I know your type. You will never convert and you are damned to hell. Your whole mission in life, though you don't think it is, is to get others to agree with you, and by doing so, committ sins they never thought they could do just by laughing at your joke, or worse, telling you off.

I'll do neither. But I want you to know; I know what you are, and I'm not taking the bait.

Hasta.

Man, you made ROFL with your comment Big Grin
Thank you!!

I'm thinking... Should I give you a like or not...?

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 03:14 AM

(03-01-2012 07:27 AM)free2011 Wrote:  Egor, what do you honestly think is more likely:
1. An unmarried teenager got pregnant and instead of being stoned to death lied about it
2. An unseen god impregnated her

What does that have to do with the OP’s post? What kind of human being could write such a thing and then turn around and claim atheists are just as moral as anyone else? Seriously, what kind or sick mind could do that and find it funny.

And I’ll go even further; the person who wrote it is dead. He will go to hell and he will be tormented for eternity. But that doesn’t really matter either, because that death happened a long time ago for him. What’s happening with him now is that he’s become a tool of Satan. It’s not what he said; his sins don’t even matter to God anymore. What matters is if he can get people to laugh along with him at that joke. That is the fresh sin that Satan is hoping to harvest from this.

Be an atheist; maybe there’s some way God may have mercy on your soul and restore you before you die. But don’t have any part of that joke, or you will have to answer for it eternally.

As to your question: I believe the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary. I can’t prove that. I wasn’t there. But I use my free will to choose to believe it, because my thoughts are under my command—I am not a servant to them; they are a servant to me. Besides, the symbolism of the birth narrative is far more important to us today than the historicity of it.

(03-01-2012 04:14 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  If you listened to an atheist, then you may actually get to know them...

Oh, don’t even beat that drum with me. I’ve listened to atheist for going on twenty years. I know atheists very well.

Quote:and you'll find that most of us think the idea of Satan is just as silly as the idea of God. Can you worship God if you don't believe he exists? Of course not. Nor can you worship Satan if you think he doesn't exist, by the same logic.

To quote Tank, from the Matrix: “Believe it or not; you’re still going to burn.”

Quote:Just because the bible divides people as God-worshipping or Satan-worshipping doesn't mean that the bible reflects reality. A Muslim would say that you either worship Allah or Satan. It doesn't make them any more correct just because they have a holy book that backs up their claim.

You need a little more religious education. Allah is simply the Islamic name for God. Same-same.
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2012, 06:46 AM
(03-01-2012 11:14 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chaz.

Quote:Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal

What's that? Link to it or it never happened!

Apparently, you not only lack a decent education, but you don't know how to use the internet.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Here's your link, buddy.

http://bit.ly/zsfkkb

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
04-01-2012, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 09:07 AM by Ghost.)
I'm bleeding from my anus, I'm laughing so hard.

Chaz, I thought that your response was like masturbating with a cheeze grater; slightly amusing, but mostly painful. I was gearing up to take the high road but then your imp Malleus piped up.

First off, how dare you mock my education? Who do you think you are? The President of School? You don't even know me. That tells me a lot about who you are as a person. My education is the goodest.

Second, I was joking around. You responded to my post with some cryptic BS about mocking the absurd, offered an obscure text from the 18th century as your support and then followed it up with some ludicrous comment about how the quality of someone's education is based on whether or not they've read A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People in Ireland From Being a Burden on Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Publick. That's a joke. You do realise that there are undergraduate programs other than English right? Well sorry to burst your bubble, but I have better things to do than to track down every random book people reference with no context. I actually have a life and a very long reading list to get through. So rest assured, I am capable of boogie boarding the intertubes, or whatever the kids call it these days, but when people critique something I've written, or when they try to make a point, I do so enjoy context of some discernible kind.

So, with respect, I'll be less jokey the next time I'd like you to elaborate one of your critiques and directly ask for some context if you'll not randomly throw texts at me that they teach in first year English as an introduction to Satire and pretend that my academic life is shit because I haven't read it. Or try watching Good will Hunting.

So what does Swift have to do with anything?
04-01-2012, 09:00 AM

(04-01-2012 03:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 07:27 AM)free2011 Wrote:  Egor, what do you honestly think is more likely:
1. An unmarried teenager got pregnant and instead of being stoned to death lied about it
2. An unseen god impregnated her

What does that have to do with the OP’s post? What kind of human being could write such a thing and then turn around and claim atheists are just as moral as anyone else? Seriously, what kind or sick mind could do that and find it funny.

And I’ll go even further; the person who wrote it is dead. He will go to hell and he will be tormented for eternity. But that doesn’t really matter either, because that death happened a long time ago for him. What’s happening with him now is that he’s become a tool of Satan. It’s not what he said; his sins don’t even matter to God anymore. What matters is if he can get people to laugh along with him at that joke. That is the fresh sin that Satan is hoping to harvest from this.

Be an atheist; maybe there’s some way God may have mercy on your soul and restore you before you die. But don’t have any part of that joke, or you will have to answer for it eternally.

As to your question: I believe the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary. I can’t prove that. I wasn’t there. But I use my free will to choose to believe it, because my thoughts are under my command—I am not a servant to them; they are a servant to me. Besides, the symbolism of the birth narrative is far more important to us today than the historicity of it.

(03-01-2012 04:14 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  If you listened to an atheist, then you may actually get to know them...

Oh, don’t even beat that drum with me. I’ve listened to atheist for going on twenty years. I know atheists very well.

Quote:and you'll find that most of us think the idea of Satan is just as silly as the idea of God. Can you worship God if you don't believe he exists? Of course not. Nor can you worship Satan if you think he doesn't exist, by the same logic.

To quote Tank, from the Matrix: “Believe it or not; you’re still going to burn.”

Quote:Just because the bible divides people as God-worshipping or Satan-worshipping doesn't mean that the bible reflects reality. A Muslim would say that you either worship Allah or Satan. It doesn't make them any more correct just because they have a holy book that backs up their claim.

You need a little more religious education. Allah is simply the Islamic name for God. Same-same.

"What kind of human being.....moral? " Did you really just say that?
OK, a show of hands. WHO among the atheist community has impregnated an unmarried and virgin woman with just TELLING her what the hell is gonna happen? Then letting her future hubby know after the fact as well?
If THATS your definition of Morals, i want NO part in your Quasi Rape religion.

I'll say it again, looking at what GOD has done and looking at MY life...i am easily FAR MORE MORAL than YOUR GOD! Your god is a inmature bully at best. HE LACKS MORALS. Dont believe me? Read genesis and exodus for Xenu's sake! Hell, even Abraham was blown away at gods lack of judgement and was quoted as such. God got called out in the first freaking book!
If your morals are even close to gods morals, then you support rape, murder, infancide, genocide, killing of sons...and the list goes on. God should be given 99 to life for his actions.

As for quoting the matrix to make us see the glory of god.....now THAT is funny!
It appears you missed the essence of the movie...and in YOUR terms, you'd be a Binary Blip believing in an imaginary god while your energy is harvested for the machines.

I have murdered no one, raped no one..........so you see, i am far more moral than your god!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Yay, nobody had called me an imp yet. You're allright, Ghost. I'll let you borrow my niece's trike.

From your ability to recognize a joke when you see it and from your reaction, I can see now that you're an educated, balanced, level-headed, grown-up human being. Props

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
04-01-2012, 10:42 AM
My god is much bigger than yours!
My god has a bigger Cock!
My god can beat up your god!

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus