Is it me or are they pulling it out of their respective asses.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Is it me or are they pulling it out of their respective asses.
Well, yeah, that kind of people live by making bullshit sound like something very wise, deep, almost scientific, etc., its their job.

But on the other hand, we got a lot of gullible people who believe this looneys without question, why? Because they consider them an authority in the field they claim to have expertise, and because what they say sound sexy.

(12-01-2012 06:09 AM)free2011 Wrote:  Three words: William Lane Craig

This guy is scary brilliant and making bullshit sound scientific.

Of course, again, he's a master debater and a cunning linguist, as Michael Payton said. Big Grin

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 03:42 PM

Hmmm.....see a possible tincy wincy bias here???

Craig received a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from Wheaton College, Illinois, in 1971 and two summa cum laude master's degrees from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois, in 1975, in philosophy of religion and ecclesiastical history.[4] He earned a Ph.D. in philosophy under John Hick at the University of Birmingham, England in 1977 and a Th.D. under Wolfhart Pannenberg at the University of Munich in 1984.[5] From 1980 to 1986 he was an assistant professor of philosophy at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He briefly held the position of associate professor of religious studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, from 1986 to 1987. From 1987 to 1994 Craig pursued further research at the University of Leuven, Belgium. Since 1996 he has held the position of research professor of philosophy at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University in La Mirada, California.[5]

All i see is a religious guy with a shitload of religious studies. Terribly one sided fellow. Not a showball chance in hell that this guy weighs 'both sides of the argument'. He's spent his life being brainwashed.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
12-01-2012, 03:58 PM
(12-01-2012 03:42 PM)Denicio Wrote:  

Craig received a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from Wheaton College, Illinois, in 1971 and two summa cum laude master's degrees from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois, in 1975, in philosophy of religion and ecclesiastical history.[4] He earned a Ph.D. in philosophy under John Hick at the University of Birmingham, England in 1977 and a Th.D. under Wolfhart Pannenberg at the University of Munich in 1984.[5] From 1980 to 1986 he was an assistant professor of philosophy at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He briefly held the position of associate professor of religious studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, from 1986 to 1987. From 1987 to 1994 Craig pursued further research at the University of Leuven, Belgium. Since 1996 he has held the position of research professor of philosophy at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University in La Mirada, California.[5]

All i see is a religious guy with a shitload of religious studies. Terribly one sided fellow. Not a showball chance in hell that this guy weighs 'both sides of the argument'. He's spent his life being brainwashed.

D

Yep, but he's about as good as it gets for a "religion through science" debate. I don't take anything he says as fact but you have to respect his debating ability.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2012, 04:00 PM

(12-01-2012 03:58 PM)free2011 Wrote:  

D

Yep, but he's about as good as it gets for a "religion through science" debate. I don't take anything he says as fact but you have to respect his debating ability.

Never seen him debate, but i will look for him. I just saw his pedigree and knew this guy does not know a 'fair argument'. No doubt he debates from extreme bias and would NEVER consider a differing POV. I doubt he'd ever concede a point.
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 04:18 PM
The problem with Hamza Tor..whatever and all muslims is that they pride themselves
that the quraan is written in very vague language, much like babel, or they like to believe so.
Double meanings in arabic in the word "Thumma" translating to Then (as a sequence)
and Similtanious events (rarely used in arabic if ever), the more appropriate grammatically for similitanuous description is "Wa" a letter
that means 'and' in combination with other words depending on situation.
but the quran is very open and shut on the emryology aspect and there is a word for word corrispondance
with the helenic science description and easy links to mohammed establishing a connection with people who had access to that knowledge
can be made.
Only now are apologists trying to change the linguistic meaning, and boasting how the quran is vaguely written
so it can be twisted in meaning to comply with new scientific discoveries. How sickening it is.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
(12-01-2012 03:58 PM)free2011 Wrote:  

All i see is a religious guy with a shitload of religious studies. Terribly one sided fellow. Not a showball chance in hell that this guy weighs 'both sides of the argument'. He's spent his life being brainwashed. D

Ekh - I think he's a fuck-tard who wallows in his own pandering nonsense.

Did I write that out loud? Confused

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post