Is it me or do theists hate logic...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 03:45 PM by BlackMason.)
Is it me or do theists hate logic...
Is it me or do theists hate logic like vampires hate sun light?

I'm not claiming to be the custodian of logic and reason or anything, but c'mon! I make a few observations and I try to make sense of what I see that's all. So why do I get the "we gonna fuck you up if you don't stop that bullshit" look?

One of the observations I've made is hard to confirm. So I said that christians tend to not consider a plan B for a number of situations. This is because they seem to fear that the existence of plan B is an admission of a lack of faith in plan A. So then if plan A doesn't work, they get blasted by other christians for being irresponsible for not having a plan B. It's a catch 22.

So my mom called bullshit. Then I asked her to not stop there but to actually elobrate. She decided not to. Earlier I put up a thread checking on whether or not I'm sane. I come up against so much adversity that I end up thinking that I said something wrong. Yeah I'm venting.

I've been trying the whole being undercover thing. It's hard. I fear that one of my family members are going to do something stupid because they just don't seem to understand how reality works. Thanks to Jesus. The stuff that comes out their mouths...oh my god!!! So I'm often forced to risk my cover by trying to make some reality corrections.

I try to increase their level of skepticism and it almost always back fires. There's this incredible story about how our church got built. They'd run out of money and the contractors needed 40 grand otherwise they'd abandon the construction contract. So right at the last, when everybody had given up, a stranger who knew nothing about the contract says "the lord commanded me to give these contractors 40 thousand". And the church was built happily ever after. Now I challenge that story by asking is there an independent source that can verify that story as is? Preachers come up with bogus miracle stories to demonstrate to their sheeple that god is with them. The sheep...I mean people will flock...that's walk, I meant walk...in and be willing whole heartedly to give away their money. Neat tactic. In response to that I'm met with a "don't touch the lords annointed lest he smite thee!!

It is these stories that I hate. They teach theists a warped sense of reality. They readily put themselves in stupid situations or at the very least, expect a miraculous last minute saving from god as these stories always go. Now we all know what happens in real life...boom you now have to get two jobs to stay afloat.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
29-01-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: Is it me or do theists hate logic...
(29-01-2014 03:40 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Is it me or do theists hate logic like vampires hate sun light?
Do be careful with those broad brush strokes, will you? Wink

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 3 users Like Kestrel's post
29-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Mark Twain — 'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.'

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
29-01-2014, 03:59 PM
The Lord's annointed saw you fooling with his money supply, of course he gonna try and smite you Tongue Seriously man, what pastor worth his salt would fact-check ? That's too likely to make people not wanna give him cash...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-01-2014, 04:00 PM
(29-01-2014 03:40 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Is it me or do theists hate logic like vampires hate sun light?

It's you.

[Image: funny-gif-troll-face-animation.gif]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-01-2014, 04:01 PM
(29-01-2014 03:48 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  

Hiss ! Back to your cave ! Can't you see the pure light of logic ? I repudiate thee foul theist!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Fair enough. By the way what do you believe in and what would it take to make you stop?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
29-01-2014, 04:37 PM
(29-01-2014 04:34 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Fair enough. By the way what do you believe in and what would it take to make you stop?
Kestrel explained his beliefs extensively in this post, but why would you want to make him stop? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-01-2014, 04:56 PM
See, you're going at it wrong. The trick is to do exactly what you would do as a skeptic, but do it as if you were religious... at least, if you're in the closet about your atheism. Don't ask "how can we be sure", but dig into details so as to increase your witness of God's glory or some-such. Can we talk to the person who donated? Can we talk to the people who he talked to? How about the contractors, can we talk to them? After all, why shouldn't every detail of this miracle be available for all to see and be awed?

Yeah, some vampires only sparkle in sunlight.

.... *flees*
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
29-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Pretend you want to prove an atheist friend that he/she is wrong and you want evidence of this miracle to show them the path back to Jebus.

I'm an undercover apple user all the time and convert the brain washed far more effectively than if I was anti apple.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".