Is it more profitable to treat, rather than to cure?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Is it more profitable to treat, rather than to cure?

Ive heard about this before a long time ago. Im gonna do some looking into this over the next few days and will post what I find in this thread.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Is it more profitable to treat, rather than to cure?
Of course it's more profitable to treat.
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
15-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Sometimes the cure isn't really a cure. How many times have I been emailed about DAN diets that will cure my son of autism? Or other people who believe it was caused by his immunizations.

I will say I feel awful for that parent....but in order to say for sure...I would need to see his child's CT scans, oncologists report, and the actual autopsy (which since the man said he lived in California (SFPD) isn't automatic he would have needed to request it to be done, since his daughter had an already fatal illness). I can't just take his (the parent's) word for it.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

15-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Interesting Consider

Quote:Dead silence is all that remains, over a week since the Texas Medical Board was forced to drop their case against Dr. Stanislaw Burzynsk Other than a couple random small-town newspapers, a questionable blog and Saturday's opinion piece in a tiny Canadian regular, no one in the media has been willing to touch the news that, yet again,all charges were dismissed against a certain doctor that has literally and successfully cured cancer on many occasions.The Texas Medical Board and the Western medical establishment had been targeting Dr. Burzynski for years and the media was fully willing to document the case against him and chastise his work, prior to the case being dismissed and despite his incredible success record. Strangely, as if the event never occurred, there's been nothing by the media since.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
15-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Chris Rock did a bit where the main point was "the money's in the medicine".

I have always thought there was a lot of truth in that.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I call bullshit.

I know a lot of physicians, many of them relatives. None of them would choose 'treat' over 'cure' on a profit basis.

Just another fucking conspiracy theory.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-01-2013, 07:36 PM
(15-01-2013 06:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sometimes the cure isn't really a cure. How many times have I been emailed about DAN diets that will cure my son of autism? Or other people who believe it was caused by his immunizations.

I once spoke to an exorcist who claims that all manner of ailments - from autism to a simple bout with a cold - are caused by demonic possession. I asked about his understanding of modern science and medicine, but he insists that they are flawed and futile efforts by feeble Humankind in an attempt to get by without God. He then went into detail about how he subjects autistic and other mentally-challenged children to exorcisms (no doubt terrifying for the children) in order to "cure" them. He has a nice little following of desperate and deluded parents who willingly hand over their children to be exorcised. And when it (obviously) doesn't work, he does it again...and again.

He was a reprehensible human being. The kind of deluded fuck who has excitement in his voice and a crazy twinkle in his eye. Those glossy eyes of a person who has completely lost touch with reality and simply cannot be reasoned with. I got a chill just looking into them.

Superstitious deludites attempting to cure people of disease is something I find incredibly unsettling.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
15-01-2013, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 07:55 PM by bemore.)
(15-01-2013 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  I call bullshit.

I know a lot of physicians, many of them relatives. None of them would choose 'treat' over 'cure' on a profit basis.

Just another fucking conspiracy theory.
Maybe it was wrong of me to put the title I did. I imagine that all doctors today do their job with the best intentions, they do it because they want to cure people and make them better. They are though at the end of the day given recommendations of treatment. So im not accusing the people at the bottom (Drs) of wanting to profit, im accusing big pharma of wanting to profit.

What I find interesting is that they have made many attempts to shut Dr Burzynski down but have failed on every single attempt. I wonder why this is? Obv I have to stay open minded because I have only posted one video and one article, until I do further research im not yet willing to come to any sort of conclusion. Maybe they cant shut him down over a mere technicality and maybe thats why they refuse to allow the people he has cured to testify on his behalf, because they want people who are educated in medical science to discuss his treatment (Antineoplastons )

If he is treating people and curing them then why is his work not being researched? Why is he still being allowed to practise if he is apparently giving out duff treatments?

If I chuck my conspiracy hat on I can appreciate why large pharmaceutical companies would try to fight this, because it would put them out of business. They are in it to make a profit, they are not doing it for the good of mankind because if they were they would give their treatments out for next to nothing, they would make just enough to keep ticking over and providing a service.

Its like If I invented an alternative to Oil that was almost free, this would rock the very foundations of trillions of pounds worth of oil and put the oil companies out of business. I doubt they would allow me to do it or they would probably offer me a very large and life changing amount of money to sell my idea to them so they could lock it away.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
15-01-2013, 07:52 PM
(15-01-2013 07:36 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 06:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sometimes the cure isn't really a cure. How many times have I been emailed about DAN diets that will cure my son of autism? Or other people who believe it was caused by his immunizations.

I once spoke to an exorcist who claims that all manner of ailments - from autism to a simple bout with a cold - are caused by demonic possession. I asked about his understanding of modern science and medicine, but he insists that they are flawed and futile efforts by feeble Humankind in an attempt to get by without God. He then went into detail about how he subjects autistic and other mentally-challenged children to exorcisms (no doubt terrifying for the children) in order to "cure" them. He has a nice little following of desperate and deluded parents who willingly hand over their children to be exorcised. And when it (obviously) doesn't work, he does it again...and again.

He was a reprehensible human being. The kind of deluded fuck who has excitement in his voice and a crazy twinkle in his eye. Those glossy eyes of a person who has completely lost touch with reality and simply cannot be reasoned with. I got a chill just looking into them.

Superstitious deludites attempting to cure people of disease is something I find incredibly unsettling.

That's awful. I don't think I need to express how much that would piss me off. It's sad when people prey on desperation.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

15-01-2013, 08:39 PM
(15-01-2013 07:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 07:36 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I once spoke to an exorcist who claims that all manner of ailments - from autism to a simple bout with a cold - are caused by demonic possession. I asked about his understanding of modern science and medicine, but he insists that they are flawed and futile efforts by feeble Humankind in an attempt to get by without God. He then went into detail about how he subjects autistic and other mentally-challenged children to exorcisms (no doubt terrifying for the children) in order to "cure" them. He has a nice little following of desperate and deluded parents who willingly hand over their children to be exorcised. And when it (obviously) doesn't work, he does it again...and again.

That's awful. I don't think I need to express how much that would piss me off. It's sad when people prey on desperation.
It's sick what leniency superstition is afforded in this country.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!