Is it not enough to be Pro-Choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 03:54 AM
Is it not enough to be Pro-Choice?
I got absolutely flamed and berated for not agreeing 100% with a friend the other day on her views on abortion.

Here's my view in a nutshell: Pro choice, ultimately woman's choice, personally against it (if i my girlfriend/wife got pregnant I would want to seriously talk about it before making a rash quick decision, but as stated before I agree it's ultimately her choice) and I'm on board all the way with making abortion more available, keeping it legal etc.

Her view in a nutshell: Pro chocie, 100% woman's choice, under NO circumstances does the man EVER get any say whatsoever, not even worth listening to what he has to say even if you know you're going to still make the same choice. End of story. And anyone who disagrees is a misogynist.

Is it so wrong to be pro choice but simultaneously be opposed to my baby being aborted?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like realityfacade's post
20-02-2014, 04:00 AM
RE: Is it not enough to be Pro-Choice?
(20-02-2014 03:54 AM)realityfacade Wrote:  I got absolutely flamed and berated for not agreeing 100% with a friend the other day on her views on abortion.

Here's my view in a nutshell: Pro choice, ultimately woman's choice, personally against it (if i my girlfriend/wife got pregnant I would want to seriously talk about it before making a rash quick decision, but as stated before I agree it's ultimately her choice) and I'm on board all the way with making abortion more available, keeping it legal etc.

Her view in a nutshell: Pro chocie, 100% woman's choice, under NO circumstances does the man EVER get any say whatsoever, not even worth listening to what he has to say even if you know you're going to still make the same choice. End of story. And anyone who disagrees is a misogynist.

Is it so wrong to be pro choice but simultaneously be opposed to my baby being aborted?

Your friend is kind of a bitch. Legally speaking she is correct but as a human being she is pretty self-centered.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-02-2014, 04:19 AM
(20-02-2014 03:54 AM)realityfacade Wrote:  I got absolutely flamed and berated for not agreeing 100% with a friend the other day on her views on abortion.

Sure it is the ultimate decision of a woman whether or not to get rid of that leechy clump of cells in her, nobody in their right mind should disagree it's her right, but if they are in some sort of relationship with the guy who caused it, he should have just as much right to have an opinion on it as the woman in question; he supplied a half of the gametes here after all, you can't just block guys out of that as if it's not our damn responsibility. Just because we aren't the host of that particular pseudo-parasitic clump of cells doesn't absolve us guys of our general rights to have an opinion on the matter or to discuss them with the lady in question with whom the males must be (excepting cases of rape or drunken stupidity) relatively intimate with.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-02-2014, 05:16 AM
The guy should have a say, sure. It just won't change the fact that if a woman wants to do it, she has the right to do it.

Not talking about it at all even if the couple agrees on the choice is retarded.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
20-02-2014, 06:01 AM
(20-02-2014 04:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Your friend is kind of a bitch. Legally speaking she is correct but as a human being she is pretty self-centered.
i agree

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
20-02-2014, 06:07 AM
I think it's not only fair for the guy to have a say, it should be mandatory. The decision is on the woman, of course, but an abortion also affects the rights of the father and so he should be listened.

Your friend is a misandrist bitch, and a shame for the feminist and gender equality movement and philosophy

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
21-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Not wrong at all. You can both want someone to have the option to do something, but not want it done when you are involved.
21-02-2014, 10:52 AM

If she also will not hold him in any way responsible for its care if he does not want the child and she does, then sure - whatever. But if he's going to be responsible in any way for the child's care and raising, then he sure as fuck has a say. And if he wants the child and she doesn't, he still has a right to his desires and opinion on it being aborted. Of course she still has the ultimate right and choice to decide to have an abortion and I fully support that this option be kept legal and available. She may be choosing to abort the relationship as well, however.
21-02-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm pro choice, although I'm not a fan of abortion used as birth control after the fact, especially when the fetus looks less like a lump and more like a human being. Nothing to do with religion, just my opinion that a some point a life shouldn't be wasted because a pregnancy is inconvenient. Lots of people are in line waiting for a child, so the mother can be sure that someone is gonna take care of him or her. There is also the chance that she changes idea, and an abortion could be something she would regret forever. On the other hand, we have the father, equally responsible for starting a new life, but with very few rights until the child is born. A woman can have an abortion and "solve" the problem for a man who doesn't want a child, or give birth and demand for child support. It doesn't seem very fair, but honestly, I really don't see a solution. The only advise I would give to a man is this: If you don't want to impregnate a woman, wear a condom properly, make sure that she takes the pill, and if you are really non interested, consider a vasectomy (wear a condom anyway).

The real gospel: Jesus went rogue and preached love instead of genocide. God got angry and went old testament style on Jesus's ass, setting him up to be tortured and killed. The End.
21-02-2014, 11:54 AM
You have the right to your view on the matter. Your friend sounds like they cannot handle difference of opinion. As with most things, if one can step back and look dispassionately you'll find there are as many viewpoints as there are people.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume