Is it not enough to be Pro-Choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: Is it not enough to be Pro-Choice?
(23-02-2014 01:29 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Just so you know - I harbor no "odd disgust" for men........... any men. zip nada.
Big Grin
Heart
Please don't take my comments regarding abortion personally. My views are never meant as personal.

I wasn't being glib when I said thumbs up.

It certainly comes off that way -- especially when you seem to be reinforcing the notion that the man does not deserve any input or discussion.

(23-02-2014 01:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Obviously the person doing the lugging around does not agree.

And she's the one doing the lugging.

I was referring to the fact that both parties are equally responsible for conception.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Your friend is right. A woman doesn't have to answer to anyone, or listen to anyone on matters around HER body.
Would demand a say in whether or not your girlfriend/wife got rid of an STD you gave her? Because an unplanned pregnancy isn't much more than that if she doesn't want it. It's nobody else's business.
23-02-2014, 01:54 PM
(23-02-2014 01:39 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 01:29 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Just so you know - I harbor no "odd disgust" for men........... any men. zip nada.
Big Grin
Heart
Please don't take my comments regarding abortion personally. My views are never meant as personal.

I wasn't being glib when I said thumbs up.

It certainly comes off that way -- especially when you seem to be reinforcing the notion that the man does not deserve any input or discussion.

(23-02-2014 01:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Obviously the person doing the lugging around does not agree.

And she's the one doing the lugging.

I was referring to the fact that both parties are equally responsible for conception.

I said - specifically - depends on the man. I hope that makes sense. I think you're taking offense with me when there was none to be had.

it's all good

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-02-2014, 01:57 PM
(23-02-2014 01:54 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I said - specifically - depends on the man. I hope that makes sense. I think you're taking offense with me when there was none to be had.

it's all good

I am not taking what you are saying personally, I simply perceived your statements as assumptive generalizations on men. If that was not your intention, I apologize.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-02-2014, 02:17 PM
(23-02-2014 01:57 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 01:54 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I said - specifically - depends on the man. I hope that makes sense. I think you're taking offense with me when there was none to be had.

it's all good

I am not taking what you are saying personally, I simply perceived your statements as assumptive generalizations on men. If that was not your intention, I apologize.

My initial post "depends on the man" was half intended as joke and half intended as serious. Sometimes I think SOME men are so controlling and misogynistic that they shouldn't be allowed to have a vote. Those men piss me off and I don't apologize for that. But men who are rational and appreciative of a situation they cannot really share - those men - YES - I care what their opinions are. YAY !!!! Heart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
23-02-2014, 02:19 PM
(23-02-2014 02:17 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 01:57 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am not taking what you are saying personally, I simply perceived your statements as assumptive generalizations on men. If that was not your intention, I apologize.

My initial post "depends on the man" was half intended as joke and half intended as serious. Sometimes I think SOME men are so controlling and misogynistic that they shouldn't be allowed to have a vote. Those men piss me off and I don't apologize for that. But men who are rational and appreciative of a situation they cannot really share - those men - YES - I care what their opinions are. YAY !!!! Heart

EW. I'd just avoid problems with a man like that by not letting him anywhere near my uterus.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
23-02-2014, 02:51 PM
(20-02-2014 03:54 AM)realityfacade Wrote:  Is it so wrong to be pro choice but simultaneously be opposed to my baby being aborted?

For some reason, a lot of people don't understand this. I guess they don't see the word CHOICE in "pro-choice." That means to abort or not to abort. "Not to abort" is one of the choices. If you choose not to abort, you've still made a choice.

But as others said, your friend is being a bitch kind of. But it's one of those topics that people get bitchy about.

As for discussion with the man, it depends if he's around and on other factors, but I think the polite and decent thing to do would be to mention it to him, yes. On the other hand, I could understand if a woman didn't mention it, since it's her body. But if they are in a relationship together then it does seem decent to discuss it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like amyb's post
25-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Almost every woman to whom I've spoken who advocates openly for abortion rights has held this view. (I said "almost"…just sayin') As others have said, it's misandristic and unreasonable. No, it's not my body. For that reason, I don't have the right to stop a woman from aborting a fetus. But I'd hope she'd have enough respect for me just as a person to take my view into serious consideration. Any decent and empathetic person would. Even though it's not my body, I still contributed. I'm still involved. Physically and emotionally.

Alas, this is a sensitive issue for many and, as such, they become hostile when someone suggests maybe proposing something that's against their personal wish(es).

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
25-02-2014, 06:54 AM
This thread sparked a conversation with my boyfriend.

"Hey honey. How would you feel if I got pregnant and I just decided to have an abortion without telling you anything?"

"I mean, I guess .. It's your body, you can do what you want."

"I don't think I'd do that, I'd probably talk to you about it first, really."

"Yeah, I think I'd just be more concerned with knowing you were having a medical procedure done. That's kind of important."

"Cool."

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
25-02-2014, 08:22 AM
(25-02-2014 06:54 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  This thread sparked a conversation with my boyfriend.

"Hey honey. How would you feel if I got pregnant and I just decided to have an abortion without telling you anything?"

"I mean, I guess .. It's your body, you can do what you want."

"I don't think I'd do that, I'd probably talk to you about it first, really."

"Yeah, I think I'd just be more concerned with knowing you were having a medical procedure done. That's kind of important."

"Cool."

Big Grin

He's either the best BF ever or an insensitive asshole Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]