Is it not enough to be Pro-Choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: Is it not enough to be Pro-Choice?
(25-02-2014 08:22 AM)nach_in Wrote:  He's either the best BF ever or an insensitive asshole Tongue

I would hope the safety and well being of one's lover would be one's primary concern. O-o

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 08:44 AM
(25-02-2014 08:41 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 08:22 AM)nach_in Wrote:  He's either the best BF ever or an insensitive asshole Tongue

I would hope the safety and well being of one's lover would be one's primary concern. O-o

Indeed!
Which is why I'm going with Nach's first option Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
25-02-2014, 09:24 AM
(25-02-2014 08:44 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 08:41 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I would hope the safety and well being of one's lover would be one's primary concern. O-o

Indeed!
Which is why I'm going with Nach's first option Big Grin

Or maybe he just doesn't want kids so her taking care of the problem on her own is fine. Maybe it would be a fight if it was the other way.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-02-2014, 07:15 PM
(25-02-2014 06:54 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  "Yeah, I think I'd just be more concerned with knowing you were having a medical procedure done. That's kind of important."

Even this has sparked controversy amongst the uber-pro-choicers. There's a pro-choice Facebook page which recently posted a status boasting about how female medical procedures (of any sort) are none of a man's god-damn business and they have no right to know about them. I didn't dare speak up (I learned that lesson a long time ago), but I watched as other hapless men gave their input and were subsequently attacked and demonized because it's not their body and they should keep their noses out of it - regardless of their relation to the female patient in question.

These people are a special kind of unreasonable. They advocate for women's' rights, which is a very good thing, but they take it an unnecessary step further by demeaning men in general as being irrelevant to a woman's life or decisions and any man who dares to speak up on behalf of himself is made into a pariah.

It's as though they have no concept of a loving and concerned partner who wants (and, I would say, deserves) to be privy to the goings-on of his wife or girlfriend - the object of his affection. To them, it's women first and only, PERIOD. Men are of no importance unless they benefit the woman in some frivolous way.

Regardless of my gender, that's just wrong. Stupid, irrational, uncaring and wrong. I would never treat a woman with such coldness.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
01-03-2014, 08:34 AM
(28-02-2014 07:15 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 06:54 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  "Yeah, I think I'd just be more concerned with knowing you were having a medical procedure done. That's kind of important."

Even this has sparked controversy amongst the uber-pro-choicers. There's a pro-choice Facebook page which recently posted a status boasting about how female medical procedures (of any sort) are none of a man's god-damn business and they have no right to know about them. I didn't dare speak up (I learned that lesson a long time ago), but I watched as other hapless men gave their input and were subsequently attacked and demonized because it's not their body and they should keep their noses out of it - regardless of their relation to the female patient in question.

These people are a special kind of unreasonable. They advocate for women's' rights, which is a very good thing, but they take it an unnecessary step further by demeaning men in general as being irrelevant to a woman's life or decisions and any man who dares to speak up on behalf of himself is made into a pariah.

It's as though they have no concept of a loving and concerned partner who wants (and, I would say, deserves) to be privy to the goings-on of his wife or girlfriend - the object of his affection. To them, it's women first and only, PERIOD. Men are of no importance unless they benefit the woman in some frivolous way.

Regardless of my gender, that's just wrong. Stupid, irrational, uncaring and wrong. I would never treat a woman with such coldness.

Those ladies be crazy. Hobo

But seriously, how could anybody object to informing your partner of a medical procedure? Blows my mind. If the tables were turned, I'd want to know if my boyfriend decided to randomly have a vasectomy, if only because I'd like to know if he's going to be in the hospital.

If I got knocked up by a random dude, yeah, I probably wouldn't care to let him know. But in a relationship? Come on people! Where's the love??

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
01-03-2014, 08:39 AM
(28-02-2014 07:15 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  

ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup
Those rabid ones who'd like to take men and set then on fire are a bit tough to take - aren't they? Quite frankly I think they give the rest of us ladies a bad name.

I had a woman slap me across the face once at a rally because I said:
"Well.......IF you believe in CHOICE......... then isn't it a woman's CHOICE to discuss with her man?"

yep- slapped me dead across the face. LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
01-03-2014, 08:46 AM
(01-03-2014 08:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 07:15 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Even this has sparked controversy amongst the uber-pro-choicers. There's a pro-choice Facebook page which recently posted a status boasting about how female medical procedures (of any sort) are none of a man's god-damn business and they have no right to know about them. I didn't dare speak up (I learned that lesson a long time ago), but I watched as other hapless men gave their input and were subsequently attacked and demonized because it's not their body and they should keep their noses out of it - regardless of their relation to the female patient in question.

ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup
Those rabid ones who'd like to take men and set then on fire are a bit tough to take - aren't they? Quite frankly I think they give the rest of us ladies a bad name.

"Well.......IF you believe in CHOICE......... then isn't it a woman's CHOICE to discuss with her man?"

OMG that would have been the beginning of a serious cat fight/brawl right there lol OH NO YOU DITNT haha

How did you react??

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
01-03-2014, 09:11 AM
(01-03-2014 08:46 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

OMG that would have been the beginning of a serious cat fight/brawl right there lol OH NO YOU DITNT haha

How did you react??

I told her violence begets violence.
And walked away. She looked like a rabid fool and likely was/is one. Not my problem.

When you attend these women's rights rallies you're going to meet one of two types- those who fight on a congressional level talking with Real lobbyist(s), getting votes, trying to educate and those who are men-haters. Quite frankly the men-haters make the whole job a lot lot harder.
If people who believe in Pro-Choice would take it upon themselves to go and garner three votes other than their own - we could have put this to bed (again) years ago.

and........ leave the camp of men-haters to being men-haters. Eventually like every other hate group they'll just turn on one another.

01-03-2014, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 11:40 AM by Misanthropik.)
(01-03-2014 08:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 07:15 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Even this has sparked controversy amongst the uber-pro-choicers. There's a pro-choice Facebook page which recently posted a status boasting about how female medical procedures (of any sort) are none of a man's god-damn business and they have no right to know about them. I didn't dare speak up (I learned that lesson a long time ago), but I watched as other hapless men gave their input and were subsequently attacked and demonized because it's not their body and they should keep their noses out of it - regardless of their relation to the female patient in question.

In principle, I can agree with this sentiment, but that can be said of any number of unfeeling and unloving things. Like CC said: where's the love? Sure, when it comes to the cold logic of it, I guess it's her choice, but it'd be shitty to just leave her husb…sorry, her "accessory" out of it because he's a guy. Like the example given with the vasectomy: it's my body and if I want to get one, I will, but if I'm with someone I love who loves me in return, I'm gonna discuss it with her first. I'll even (dare I say it…) consider revising my plan or stance based on how she feels about it. Because, you know, love is like that.

Personally, I think such women have been so affected by the misogyny that they see in the world that it's pushed them over the edge and now they're misandrists. Thus, any choice is no one's business but their own and men can go fuck themselves because they're scum. I can understand this only because it's how I've reacted to religion and its followers, for example. But that is an emotional reaction; not a rational one.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 11:41 AM
(01-03-2014 11:35 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  "Well.......IF you believe in CHOICE......... then isn't it a woman's CHOICE to discuss with her man?"

In principle, I can agree with this sentiment, but that can be said of any number of unfeeling and unloving things. Like CC said: where's the love? Sure, when it comes to the cold logic of it, I guess it's her choice, but it'd be shitty to just leave her husb…sorry, her "accessory" out of it because he's a guy. Like the example given with the vasectomy: it's my body and if I want to get one, I will, but if I'm with someone I love who loves me in return, I'm gonna discuss it with her first. I'll even (dare I say it…) consider revising my plan or stance based on how she feels about it. Because, you know, love is like that.

Personally, I think such women have been so affected by the misogyny that they see in the world that it's pushed them over the edge and now they're misandrists. Thus, any choice is no one's business but their own and men can go fuck themselves because they're scum. I can understand this only because it's how I've reacted to religion and its followers, for example. But that is an emotional reaction; not a rational one.

Exactly!