Is it possible...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 06:48 AM
RE: Is it possible...?
If you do, . . . be sure to stick with them [as a friend] as much as you can because if their other christian friends learn of their de-conversion, . . . they'll stop hanging out with them. I left christianity and I mostly hang out with siblings now.

But as others say, . . . you can show them evidence, . . . but it is up to them to work it out in their own life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 07:50 AM
many people don't want to hear the truth....they are happy in their delusional world....so it doesn't really matter how much proof you have. Your proof doesn't make them "happy".

why are you so interested in getting FRIENDS to change? I have many friends that are believers, we respect that we view the world differently and don't try pushing our ideas on the other. Yes we discuss some topics and share our 'side' of the story, but our goal is to be supportive and caring toward each other thru life's struggles--not to convince each other that our ideas are right.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
12-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Bustead, Bows is right, many people prefer their delusions. I live in Mississippi, which is like going to a Christian school except I'm 48 and not in school anymore! I don't really try to deconvert people, but have decided to be honest about my lack of belief when asked. Maybe a transfer to a secular school might be the right move?

Godless in the Magnolia State
12-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Instead of trying to reason with him or her, help them explore and learn as much as they want to learn about their religion.
Don't try to de-convert. That only pushes people away. If you show them the truth, that truth will stick in their minds and rattle around for a couple decades.

Eventually, hopefully, the real truth of their religion will win out and they will come to a realization that it's all a bunch of bullshit.

Right now, all they know is the happy good time sunday morning church singing, cookie bake sale religion.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
13-06-2013, 04:24 AM
(12-06-2013 05:18 PM)cjs Wrote:  Bustead, Bows is right, many people prefer their delusions. I live in Mississippi, which is like going to a Christian school except I'm 48 and not in school anymore! I don't really try to deconvert people, but have decided to be honest about my lack of belief when asked. Maybe a transfer to a secular school might be the right move?

I wanted to but it is my last year. All my friends and dreams are in that school.
I want to leave yet part of my mind is telling me to stay, for 1 more year...
14-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I can understand that.

Godless in the Magnolia State