Is it racist to deport immigrants that aren't white?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
RE: Is it racist to deport immigrants that aren't white?
[Image: whats_going_on.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mebu4tVsPx1r2bzz4o1_500.gif][Image: tumblr_lk4ein2dq61qi56vzo1_400.gif]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Re: Is it racist to deport immigrants that aren't white?
It's prejudice.. Who really cares if somethings racist or not. It's an arbitrary distinction in judging human differences and many people label a what is it isn't a race differently.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Before we worry that it's racist or not let's figure out why there is so much bigotry against the act of moving.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 10:15 AM
(05-06-2013 09:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Before we worry that it's racist or not let's figure out why there is so much bigotry against the act of moving.

"moving"? I am referring to a government program to round up non white immigrants and move them to a country where that government thinks they "belong" like say the continent of africa.

Many racist idiots in the U.S. have and have had this view in the past, we view these ideas as racist, I too believe these views and the act of removal is racist.

Essentially I am referring to a "go back to africa" policy implemented by x country, many klan members and racist politicians in the 1800's supported such a policy.

What if a country in 2013 implemented the same "go back to africa" policy, I believe it would be just as racist today as it would have been a hundred years ago.

btw, you guys should read world news more often so we don't have to beat around the bush in this thread with hypotheticals. Drinking Beverage
05-06-2013, 10:19 AM
This racist policy in the context of 1800's america would be correctly viewed as racist, however if a certain country implemented the same policy in 2013 I wonder if you guys would call that racist in 2013. I say it's just as racist today as it would be any year it was implemented, no matter what country implemented the policy.
05-06-2013, 10:39 AM
(05-06-2013 10:15 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 09:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Before we worry that it's racist or not let's figure out why there is so much bigotry against the act of moving.

"moving"? I am referring to a government program to round up non white immigrants and move them to a country where that government thinks they "belong" like say the continent of africa.

Many racist idiots in the U.S. have and have had this view in the past, we view these ideas as racist, I too believe these views and the act of removal is racist.

Essentially I am referring to a "go back to africa" policy implemented by x country, many klan members and racist politicians in the 1800's supported such a policy.

What if a country in 2013 implemented the same "go back to africa" policy, I believe it would be just as racist today as it would have been a hundred years ago.

btw, you guys should read world news more often so we don't have to beat around the bush in this thread with hypotheticals. Drinking Beverage

My reference to moving was with respect to what immigration actually is. It is moving. The fact that one crosses invisible lines from one tax farm to another in the process of moving doesn't change the nature of the act of moving.

As for forcing residents out of their homes, to any location... that is a criminal act regardless of the color of the people doing the moving or the people being moved.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
05-06-2013, 11:05 AM
(05-06-2013 10:39 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 10:15 AM)I and I Wrote:  "moving"? I am referring to a government program to round up non white immigrants and move them to a country where that government thinks they "belong" like say the continent of africa.

My reference to moving was with respect to what immigration actually is. It is moving. The fact that one crosses invisible lines from one tax farm to another in the process of moving doesn't change the nature of the act of moving.

As for forcing residents out of their homes, to any location... that is a criminal act regardless of the color of the people doing the moving or the people being moved.

nope, still not getting what the issue is. Country X allows people that are white to immigrate and go through the process of becoming a citizen, it doesn't allow this for non whites, and the people that were going through this process that are non whites (from africa) are now going to be rounded up and shipped back to Africa. many of the citizens of this country that are white have held racist protests demanding that black people leave their cities.

Racist assholes? FUCK YEAH
05-06-2013, 11:13 AM
(05-06-2013 11:05 AM)I and I Wrote:  nope, still not getting what the issue is. Country X allows people that are white to immigrate and go through the process of becoming a citizen, it doesn't allow this for non whites, and the people that were going through this process that are non whites (from africa) are now going to be rounded up and shipped back to Africa. many of the citizens of this country that are white have held racist protests demanding that black people leave their cities.

Did you ever stop to think that I'm getting at the more important, even if only to me, issue?

I understand what racism is and I don't condone it. I also don't support the notion that some arbitrary group of assclowns in suits can decide who is and is not allowed to move.

It's simple... You're arguing the moral implications of a kidnapper refusing to feed his victim and I'm arguing the moral implications of kidnapping. Thumbsup

Bottom line: No one should be allowed to tell anyone where they can and can't live... regardless of color, religion, political bent, nationality, shoe size, gender, sexual preference, hairstyle, height, age, music preference....

The only caveat to that principle is that whoever you are and wherever you move to, you must obtain your place of residency through voluntary means.

05-06-2013, 11:54 AM
(05-06-2013 11:13 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 11:05 AM)I and I Wrote:  nope, still not getting what the issue is. Country X allows people that are white to immigrate and go through the process of becoming a citizen, it doesn't allow this for non whites, and the people that were going through this process that are non whites (from africa) are now going to be rounded up and shipped back to Africa. many of the citizens of this country that are white have held racist protests demanding that black people leave their cities.

Did you ever stop to think that I'm getting at the more important, even if only to me, issue?

I understand what racism is and I don't condone it. I also don't support the notion that some arbitrary group of assclowns in suits can decide who is and is not allowed to move.

It's simple... You're arguing the moral implications of a kidnapper refusing to feed his victim and I'm arguing the moral implications of kidnapping. Thumbsup

Bottom line: No one should be allowed to tell anyone where they can and can't live... regardless of color, religion, political bent, nationality, shoe size, gender, sexual preference, hairstyle, height, age, music preference....

The only caveat to that principle is that whoever you are and wherever you move to, you must obtain your place of residency through voluntary means.

no I am arguing against racist policies by a government.

To help with the hypothetical...Drinking Beverage topic, here is an example of what I was referring to, with regards to racism being from a government and by it's people towards africans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwvGHY1nAI
05-06-2013, 09:16 PM
(05-06-2013 11:54 AM)I and I Wrote:  no I am arguing against racist policies by a government.

To help with the hypothetical...Drinking Beverage topic, here is an example of what I was referring to, with regards to racism being from a government and by it's people towards africans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwvGHY1nAI

Good on you bro. Why not also argue about the other racist government policies like the minimum wage and the welfare state? And how about affirmative action?

The state does all kinds of shit that either directly or indirectly affects minorities negatively. Always has and always will.

Next, let's get pissed off at the sun for shining every day. Tongue