No, war won't solve the issue.
Maybe, depends on who and how
[Show Results]

Is it time for world war 3?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Is it time for world war 3?
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But how is that a world war?

It's just a halberd... just like any dnd based game would wield for good against the undead masses.

Wrong. They're holding up halibuts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
14-11-2015, 12:20 PM
If by "war," you mean a war against magical thinking, but with more education and less killing, then yes.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
14-11-2015, 12:25 PM
A war is:

Quote:a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

Wouldn't we legitimize ISIS' status as a "state", by declaring war on it? Is ISIS a state?

14-11-2015, 12:28 PM
(14-11-2015 12:25 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  A war is:

Quote:a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

Wouldn't we legitimize ISIS' status as a "state", by declaring war on it? Is ISIS a state?

If by "We" you mean the US or the official UN status then, no. They don't even legitimize Palestine as a "state"

In my stance, you need some time of war existing in multiple locations across the war for it to be a world war. The Great War's would of been world wars without the eastern Asia and Americas involvement. It would of just been European centric warfare as usual flooding into Asia Minor and Africa some bits for their liking.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-11-2015, 01:05 PM
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, this is the stupidest uniform ever:

[Image: img_5602.jpg]

[Image: guardie_svizzere_0.jpg?itok=YTPI_DGV]

Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

What? The halbred? (Sp?)
14-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Is it time for world war 3?
(14-11-2015 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is an all out war the way to put an end to terrorism?

There should be a a united effort by all capable nations to stomp the terrorist groups in the dirt for good. Take no prisoners just kill them all. If you let them live they will attack again.
14-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Definitely not. A full scale war is the wrong tool for destroying a few bloodthirsty partisans who, unfortunately, are sometimes capable of inflicting casualties far beyond their numbers. ISIS has been looking for people to strike inside Western nations but it's been doing it like a franchise, finding radicals to attach their logo to, rather than planning and attacks and infiltrating attackers as happened for 9/11. ISIS should be brought down for other reasons, and maybe now is the time to do it, but it won't affect terrorist attacks like this.

The correct method, IMO, is to focus not on all of Islam (about, what, a fourth or fifth of the world population?) and instead be surgical. Target Wahhabism, and target it as an idea to defame and undermine rather than a people to war with. Start by getting specific with language -- these aren't Islamic terrorists, they're Wahhabi terrorists. Tie most of the terrorism of the past twenty years to Wahhabism. Brand Wahhabism as a religion of murder and bloodletting, with such an extensive and enduring mass media campaign that its proponents can't get a word in edgewise. Identify its chief financiers -- principally Saudis -- and arrange targeted boycotts and freeze assets to deprive them of funding. The great numbers that would rise up and arm themselves to defend Islam and advance Islam in general, will not do the same for the Wahhabi religion.

A war on terrorism is about as stupid as a war on murder or a war on smuggling or a war on drugs. It's a tactic and a crime. It is not a people or an organization. Terrorism has been around (by one name or another) since at least Roman times and killing people and seizing territory will not end it.

(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, this is the stupidest uniform ever:

[Image: img_5602.jpg]

[Image: guardie_svizzere_0.jpg?itok=YTPI_DGV]

Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

I WANT to say that they're halberds, but I know that's not right. The axe-head is missing or inverted and it's got the two hooks instead. I think that's a.... Bec de crois? I know I'm not spelling that right. It translates as crow's beak, dammit!
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
14-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Seeing as how Russia has basically started bombing the fuck out of terrorists in Syria and doing quite a good job about it, it makes me wonder why the US/UK/EU coallition are so reluctant to help them and why they have not themselves done such a good job.

Well, of course I understand that Russia is getting help from syria regarding intelligence and I would not be surprised if what we class as "freedom fighters" by supporting and giving them aid are in fact also considered terrorists by the Russians who are helping Assad.

So im left with a bitter taste in my mouth. It would seem that there are forces at work who have spent the last few years, supported by the west, attempting to topple assad. Which makes me wonder who exactly ARE the real terrorists????

Is it time for world war 3? Well, when the real state of the worlds financial system cannot be hidden any longer... you can make time for it.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
14-11-2015, 01:36 PM
(14-11-2015 12:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But how is that a world war?

It's just a halberd... just like any dnd based game would wield for good against the undead masses.

Wrong. They're holding up halibuts.
Consider
Pretty sure that's a fish.

Now, I'd go in on a war where the weaponry was based entirely on seafood.
Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-11-2015, 01:49 PM
(14-11-2015 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is an all out war the way to put an end to terrorism?

Given that the last time a suspected terrorist stronghold was invaded by a multi-national force bent on their destruction, all that came of it was more terrorists, I'm thinking no.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post