No, war won't solve the issue.
Maybe, depends on who and how
[Show Results]

Is it time for world war 3?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Is it time for world war 3?
(14-11-2015 01:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  Seeing as how Russia has basically started bombing the fuck out of terrorists in Syria and doing quite a good job about it, it makes me wonder why the US/UK/EU coallition are so reluctant to help them and why they have not themselves done such a good job.

Well, of course I understand that Russia is getting help from syria regarding intelligence and I would not be surprised if what we class as "freedom fighters" by supporting and giving them aid are in fact also considered terrorists by the Russians who are helping Assad.

So im left with a bitter taste in my mouth. It would seem that there are forces at work who have spent the last few years, supported by the west, attempting to topple assad. Which makes me wonder who exactly ARE the real terrorists????

Is it time for world war 3? Well, when the real state of the worlds financial system cannot be hidden any longer... you can make time for it.

Um... the US was extensively drone-striking and doing bombing runs against ISIS targets long before the Russians showed up.

The short answer is you can't win the type of war being fought on the Syrian/Iraqi border with bombs. Influence it, yes, win it, no.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2015, 02:02 PM
(14-11-2015 01:21 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

I WANT to say that they're halberds, but I know that's not right. The axe-head is missing or inverted and it's got the two hooks instead. I think that's a.... Bec de crois? I know I'm not spelling that right. It translates as crow's beak, dammit!

I think it is a halberd and that you are correct (also known as a Swiss voulge).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halberd

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Where's The Doctor when you need him? spoilers...

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
14-11-2015, 03:48 PM
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, this is the stupidest uniform ever:

[Image: img_5602.jpg]

[Image: guardie_svizzere_0.jpg?itok=YTPI_DGV]

Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

Halberd

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2015, 04:13 PM
(14-11-2015 01:36 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 12:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Wrong. They're holding up halibuts.
Consider
Pretty sure that's a fish.

Nah! You're thinking of a pike Smile
[+] 9 users Like Mathilda's post
14-11-2015, 04:29 PM
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, this is the stupidest uniform ever:

[Image: img_5602.jpg]

[Image: guardie_svizzere_0.jpg?itok=YTPI_DGV]

Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

It's either a pike or a halbred (sp)...

?

LOL Chas beat me to it..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-11-2015, 04:33 PM
(14-11-2015 04:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 01:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Consider
Pretty sure that's a fish.

Nah! You're thinking of a pike Smile

bwahahahhahahahaha ...

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-11-2015, 06:23 PM
I don't have a quote but apparently the pope called it world war 3. I heard it on TV so it must be true. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-11-2015, 06:37 PM
No, and here's why.

The Kurds just took Sinjar yesterday. A major strategic city between ISIS's two main strongholds of Mosul and Raqqa, effectively cutting off supplies between the two cities.

ISIS is fucked. Completely fucked. They're being pushed out of Iraq by the Kurds and Iraqi forces. Nobody around them supports them. Both sides of the civil war in Syria oppose them. Western countries are bombing them to death. You don't defeat someone like ISIS overnight but they will be defeated.

You don't need to put boots on the ground because that just causes more harm than good. Both in death toll but more importantly in the long term future because you're not create a generation that resents and hates you.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-11-2015, 08:23 PM
No war needed, the poverty and in turn the need for education to keep up with time, will take care of it.

[Image: 004.sig]