No, war won't solve the issue.
Maybe, depends on who and how
[Show Results]

Is it time for world war 3?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Is it time for world war 3?
(14-11-2015 08:23 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  No war needed, the poverty and in turn the need for education to keep up with time, will take care of it.

This kind of reminds me of the "rat park" experiment, in that a person's behavior is largely dependent on their environment. Improve people's living conditions, and they won't try to rely so much on the politicization of a magic book in order to bring themselves comfort. I can definitely see some parallels between faith and addiction.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
14-11-2015, 08:53 PM
(14-11-2015 08:40 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 08:23 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  No war needed, the poverty and in turn the need for education to keep up with time, will take care of it.

This kind of reminds me of the "rat park" experiment, in that a person's behavior is largely dependent on their environment. Improve people's living conditions, and they won't try to rely so much on the politicization of a magic book in order to bring themselves comfort. I can definitely see some parallels between faith and addiction.

Well the problem here is that the west is not too great at helping other nations improve their living conditions without causing additional problems. It's best to just stop trying to clean their asses for them and let them learn to clean up their own shit.

[Image: 004.sig]
14-11-2015, 09:07 PM
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ...
halberd.

(14-11-2015 12:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...
halibuts.

(14-11-2015 10:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...
ruin.

Unless you're Halliburton

(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

Trick question.

They're also holding these weapons of mass destruction:

[Image: ultimate-swiss-army-knife1.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
14-11-2015, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2015 09:16 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, this is the stupidest uniform ever:

[Image: img_5602.jpg]

[Image: guardie_svizzere_0.jpg?itok=YTPI_DGV]

Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

Halberd.

Eta: Hmph, better late than never.
15-11-2015, 03:43 AM
How eager people are to start a war eh?

Yes! Let's send thousands of people to battle so that we can have even more thousands of civilian casualties, only to wipe out ISIS, which of course will not wipe out radical Islam, because no one seems to notice that it is an idea that turns people into terrorists and the ones pulling the strings are safe from any kind of war and they will continue to re-emerge and make new terrorists.

I keep repeating this, but it is always relevant. One of my students (13 years old) was telling me once how she was too bored to study for history because it's useless. I told her that "if you don't study history, you are bound to make the same mistakes over and over again". She didn't seem to understand it, but I'm hoping the people of TTA will.

Did any war ever bring an absolute end to anything? And even if it did, was it worth the millions of innocents killed? Did Hitler's defeat stop fascism? Did it stop anti-semitism? Did it stop racism? Or did it stop a neo-nazi, fascist criminal organization from entering the Greek parliament as the third most popular party?

When we realize that war isn't a solution and it only serves the interests of world leaders who don't give a fuck if you die in battle, then maybe we will finally start evolving intellectually.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
15-11-2015, 07:35 AM
(14-11-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Brownie bonus points for anyone who can tell me, without looking it up, the name of the weapon the Swiss guards are holding.

Duh... it's a pointed stick...

we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-11-2015, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 08:24 AM by adey67.)
(14-11-2015 01:59 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 01:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  Seeing as how Russia has basically started bombing the fuck out of terrorists in Syria and doing quite a good job about it, it makes me wonder why the US/UK/EU coallition are so reluctant to help them and why they have not themselves done such a good job.

Well, of course I understand that Russia is getting help from syria regarding intelligence and I would not be surprised if what we class as "freedom fighters" by supporting and giving them aid are in fact also considered terrorists by the Russians who are helping Assad.

So im left with a bitter taste in my mouth. It would seem that there are forces at work who have spent the last few years, supported by the west, attempting to topple assad. Which makes me wonder who exactly ARE the real terrorists????

Is it time for world war 3? Well, when the real state of the worlds financial system cannot be hidden any longer... you can make time for it.

Um... the US was extensively drone-striking and doing bombing runs against ISIS targets long before the Russians showed up.

The short answer is you can't win the type of war being fought on the Syrian/Iraqi border with bombs. Influence it, yes, win it, no.

I agree air power alone has never won a conflict. As for WW3 I think its definitely gonna happen or at the very least a bloody war involving much of the middle east.
Isil keeps getting stronger the air strikes have killed about 1500 and according to a French professor I heard on BBC radio over ten times that number have been recruited, the attacks keep happening they cannot be negotiated with because of their ideology and theology and they can only be stopped by use of force. So sadly yes I think a full scale conflict will occur.
15-11-2015, 09:06 AM
(14-11-2015 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is an all out war the way to put an end to terrorism?

Only if you're willing to commit genocide on a global scale to the point of completely eliminating all people with ideologies incompatible with your own.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]